Advancement in technology today has changed the way people correspond in so many ways.
All the aspects of our life have been impacted, including education. In an age determined to generate new paths to quality education, ICT brings forward countless of benefits, enabling children with the right skill and outlook to stay ahead in the increasingly aggressive rat race.
ICT, or information and communication technology, makes many ordinary tasks uncomplicated and facilitates communications from virtually any part of the globe.
Today, the emergence of such modern education technologies has altered how students approach learning and education. The failing conventional methods prompted the birth of new-age education models that provide and support innovative pedagogy.
Information and Communications Technology (ICT) in education has been linked with the upward shift in the quality of people’s lives by improving teaching and learning. This is why a number of schools are increasingly integrating ICT in their primary school education system. Through this unique teaching method, student gain an genuine learning experience, collaboratively constructing their own knowledge and applying their learning’s in a real-world context.
The use of ICT techniques in learning/teaching has a very positive influence on a student’s learning capabilities as well. It is established that students reflect in a very positive manner towards work and education when they are using computers to complete tasks given to them, encouraging and motivating them to soak in the knowledge. Students who used technology to learn in school have an increased self-esteem and self-confidence.
Here are ways how children/students can benefit from this methodology in the times to come:
• The barrier this technology breaks are both linguistic and geographic as the information can be shared quickly and efficiently over the cloud thus, providing them access to quality education anytime and anywhere.
• The ICT methods are very effective in clearing the core concepts of the subject matter; this has been proven in enhancing the students level of understanding and retaining the knowledge.
• This method makes content more enjoyable thorough engaging narratives and high quality animation, making the whole session more interactive. This improves the retention capacity of the students, brings in more focus and makes the whole process enjoyable.
• The content can be tweaked to add value to the learning curve of the student depending on the shortcoming of a student.
• Active and independent learning are forte of this method which inculcates self-responsibility and maturity for learning
• The spatial reasoning capacity of a student gets sharpened over a period of time and the ability to solve complex geometric questions without relying on formulas get a formidable boost.
• The childs progress can be mapped in the form of a electronic journal which will help teachers and students to identify the strong and weak points.
ICT based learning not just assumes an imperative part in a student’s scholastic development yet perceives the youngster's subjective, social and enthusiastic advancement essentially. Through refined and present day systems, such as, video conferencing, virtual reality and 3D animation, it empowers students and teachers to work together in ways that mirror a comprehensively constructive way to deal with training. Also, it augments the student’s quick learning environment, offering extraordinary chances to push learning past the bounds of the classroom.
KIWAMI is a global brand and an “educational development centre”, which believes that every child has infinite potential to grow if nurtured with power of imagination.
Stories by Guest Column