Here is your daily dose of headlines about innovative or anti-innovative ideas from around the country:
- ACCESS Development Services and Agency for Technical Cooperation and Development will work to build cooperation between Europe and India to assist 20 MFIs in the country.
- SKS Microfinance and Bajaj Allianz will form a partnership to provide clients with insurance products.
- Standard Chartered expects to ramp up its investment in Indian MFIs.
- Global Trends
- The lure of high salaries and chance of returning home has encouraged many non-returning Indians to become returning ones.
- Central Government
- Power Generation and Transmission
- In order to address load demands between the two countries, India and Sri Lanka will build a power line between them to help each deal with supply shortages.
- The centre’s support for private initiatives to produce and provide hydro-electric power has come under scrutiny for whether only the wealthy have enjoyed access to the energy.
- The government also presented its report on the safety of its proposed civilian nuclear program at the Convention on Nuclear Safety.
- Climate Change
- Pushing forward on the way the country will tackle global warming, the federal government looked to split up the effort into three parts.
- State and Local Governments
- Andhra Pradesh
- Energy: The state intends to implement another clean energy project spurred by the Kyoto Protocol
- Education: Proposed rules will prohibit private school teachers from providing tuitions outside of the classroom, in order to eliminate the chance that these teachers favor these tutees over their own students.
- Health: A NGO here utilizes pets to bring about emotional stimulation in autistic children.
- Housing: The ‘Rajiv Swagruha’ scheme has finally become a reality — promising the ability to own housing for over 10,000 applicants has begun, with the first acquisition of land by the city.
- Andhra Pradesh
- Bajaj Allianz
- Sri Lanka
- Standard Chartered
- clean energy
- SKS Microfinance
- Global warming
- Climate change
- NGOs and Non-profits
- Kyoto Protocol
- ACCESS Development Services
- clean energy project
- Agency for Technical Cooperation and Development
- civilian nuclear program
- Convention on Nuclear Safety
- power lines
- private tuitions
- Rajiv Swagruha
- Hydroelectric power
Updates from around the world