To take part in the challenge you have to register on the Challenge Future website and participate in the "storm it" challenge.Challenge:Future is an open youth competition that demonstrates the youth creativity, their high potential and ability to foresee the future. It is the cross bridge of youth, schools, corporate companies and global challenges.
The proposed trip should be 3 days (2 nights) long and planned for two people to explore Slovenia. The focus of the trip is responsible travel and ecotourism. This means you are encouraged to make your trip as environmentally friendly as possible by focusing on green outdoor activities, sustainable transport options, eating local produce and using traveler providers that help protect culture and environment.
Slovenia may be a small country but it offers a great variety of travel experiences that attracts adventurers, nature lovers and romantics from all corners of the world. Whether you want to explore ancient castles and caves, walk along scenic trails, ski on the alpine mountains or experience fine local cuisine, Slovenia has a right destination for you.
GREEN sLOVEnia trip design specifications:
- The trip should be designed with the principles of responsible travel and ecotourism in mind. This means you are encouraged to make your trip as environmentally friendly as possible by focusing on green outdoor activities, sustainable transport options, eating local produce and using traveler providers that help protect culture and environment.
- The proposed trip should be 3 days (2 nights) long and planned for two people to explore Slovenia.
- The entire trip should cost no more than 500 EUR per person excluding the travel expense to and from Slovenia.
- Includes least two Slovene regions with geographical contrast (see Regions & Towns at www.slovenia.info)
- Include one suggestion found in 'Bank of Tourism Potentials in Slovenia'
To read the rules and details click on the next page
- Only C:F members aged between 18 and 30 are eligible to participate. You can register to be C:F member on the Chellenge Future website
- No student status is required.
Contest submission format:
- Please submit your plan on two pages in a Word document (max. 5000 characters) for the judges to evaluate, and present your idea on a poster (photo format - jpg, png) to be displayed on our platform for community voting.
- Your plan should include: 1. title of the trip, 2. three-sentences trip abstract, 3. detailed description of the trip, 4. list of trip costs, 5. trip benefits for: a. traveler, b. Slovenia, c. Earth,
- Your poster should include:
• Title of the trip
• Major route of the trip
• Highlights of the trip
• For traveller
• Regarding 'green tourism'
• The advantage of Slovenia
• Total trip costs (excluding cost to/from Slovenia)
All C:F members between ages 18 and 30 can participate in the challenge.
Important: All winners will be required to provide proof about their age in order to be elegible for the awards. At the end of submission document, you should certify that you are aged between 18 and 30 and thus eligible for entering StormIt competition.
StormIt Challenge starts on Mar 15, 2010 and ends on May 6, 2010. The winner will be announced on May 18, 2010 at the C:F Summit.
The winner of this contest is selected by the Slovenian Tourism Board among the top 20 contest entries with the most votes.
The winner will receive:
• a trip around Slovenia for 2 persons according to the winning proposal,
• all proposed expenses paid up to 500 EUR per person,
• costs of transfer to and from Slovenia will be refunded in amount of up to 1000 EUR per person,
The 10 best trip suggestions with the most votes will get a "I FELL sLOVEnia" wind jacket.
All trip proposal abstracts will be published at Bank of Tourism Potentials in Slovenia portal where tourist agencies will be able to contact authors for details to cooperate in realizing even more "GREEN sLOVEnia trips".
Judges and winner announcement:
The winners will be selected according to the following criteria:
- From Mar 15, 2010 until May 6, 2010 the community will vote for their preffered solution (thumbs up)
- The winner of this contest is selected by the judges from Slovenian Tourism Board among the top 20 contest entries with the most votes.
- The winners will be announced on May 18, 2010 at the C:F Summit.
- The judging panel consists of representatives of Slovenian Tourism Board:
Dimitrij Piciga, M.Sc., director of Slovenian Tourist Board
Dominik S. Cernjak, president of Tourist Association of Slovenia
Dejan Krizaj**, M.Sc., University of Primorska, Turistica - Faculty of Tourism Studies
Dejan Podgorsek*, Slovenian Tourist Board
Livija Kovac*, Slovenian Tourist Board
** Chairman of the management board at Bank of Tourism Potentials in Slovenia
* Management board member at Bank of Tourism Potentials in Slovenia
To read more and sign up for Challenge Future click here
Want to make your startup journey smooth? YS Education brings a comprehensive Funding Course, where you also get a chance to pitch your business plan to top investors. Click here to know more.