The Sounding Board with Vikas Choudhury
‘ The Sounding Board’, is an interactive platform that invites early stage/growth stage entrepreneurs to present their executive summaries and seek feedback, validate potential and discuss key challenges with a mentor.
Mentor: Vikas Choudhury
Vikas Choudhury is an independent Angel Investor from The Sun Group and is also on the committee of Mumbai Angels. He is interested in verticals like technology, consumer business, education and mobile, and has invested in companies like inMobi, Print-o etc. Vikas also sits on the board of TiE Mumbai as well as that of several early stage companies like Speakwell, Onward Mobility etc.
This is how it works :
- The Sounding Board invites early stage/growth stage entrepreneurs to present to a mentor using a LIVE web-conference platform. Enterprises in the idea/concept stage may not apply as presenters, but can participate and learn from the discussion.
- The Sounding Board can accommodate up to 300 participants (including the hosts and the 5 presenters) who can interact via LIVE web chat with other participants and the mentor. This format enables the participants to learn from the discussions/feedback received by the entrepreneurs who present to the mentor.
- Five presenters will be selected from the list of applicants on a best case basis. The decision of the organizers on the selected presenters will be final.
- The selected presenters must submit the executives summaries in not more than 7 slides. The following is a recommended format for the presentation:
- Describe the problem you are solving and the need to solve the same?
- Target market: description, size and growth.
- Describe your product/service with the differentiator.
- Competitive Scenario: You v/s Competition.
- Current status and future scalability.
- Team description.
- Challenge areas.
- Candidates will be notified via email/phone and will be allowed to present for a maximum duration of 5-minute followed by a 5-minute intensive feedback and interaction with the mentor.
- We recommend that you mention your key business challenge(s), if any, clearly. This will help you gain optimum feedback from the mentor.
- Click Here to register as a presenter.
- This is not an investor pitch. This forum should be used only for business validation.
- The webinar and the presentation are meant to be public, so it is recommended that you carefully examine the contents of your presentation. The organizers will not provide for confidentiality of your presentation.
Date: 25 June,2010 | 3-4 pm IST
3:00 pm to 3:50 pm- Presentations from the 5 shortlisted entrepreneurs
3:50pm to 4:00 pm- Audience interaction and QnA with the mentor.
To find out more click here