Before we go on to tell you why working from home works, if you are an entrepreneur / start up, let us remember that most of the successful entrepreneurial ventures in India started at somebody’s home if not garage.Technological innovations in the past decade coupled with continuously good performance of the economy have empowered individuals, start up, home-based entrepreneur, entrepreneurs and small businesses to connect workers coast to coast and country to country. Besides having the freedom to work and earn as you choose, in the comfort and convenience of your own homes, there are many people prefer to combine their careers with families, opting out of the rat race to spend more quality time with their families and take a more proactive part in raising their children.
- The most alluring aspect of starting a home-based business is the opportunity it provides to gain control over your own life both professional and personal. As a home business entrepreneur, you can shape your work life depending on your goals and environment.
- Ofcourse the financial benefits are the biggest plus of working from home. The cost saved on commute time, petrol and transportation expenses. With the work at home option, one can save on rental payments and overhead costs are cut significantly. Especially if you are a startup based out of bigger cities like Mumbai,Delhi or Bangalore.
- As a home-based entrepreneur, you are free to learn and perform a variety of work-related tasks. If you are a solo entrepreneur, then you even have to be ready of being all things for your business: the strategy setter, marketing and sales person, customer service representative, accountant and bookkeeper, and other roles
- Many home-based entrepreneurs find that working at home helps them to be more productive. With lesser time dedicated to commuting, there is more time available to work
- One of the biggest benefits of working out of your home is the reduced operating costs which can enable you to be more competitive, not just in the prices you charge but also in the quality of service you offer
But please don’t forget all this advantage can be availed only if you have a lot of discipline. For all its benefits working from home can make you lax, procrastinate and not strictly adhere to timelines. If you can schedule your day, then it’s the best option for you.