The fifth edition of the conclave is slated to be held at Delhi on August 25, 2010 on the theme Internet, Mobile, and Apps, the next hot sector for technology companies in India. With the Internet travel company MakeMyTrip.com filing for an IPO for $470 million in the New York Stock Exchange, the mood is upbeat. The Internet companies have evolved and have stayed on to fetch rich dividends as the environment for their growth and viability has steadily risen.
The mobile apps space is generating curiosity and interest among analysts and keen followers of technology in the country. D. Shivakumar, MD, Nokia India, feels the apps industry has the potential to become as big as the BPO industry in a decade starting from this year. Is this forecast reasonable or just a fad? We just need to keep watching!
Register now for the conclave for an engaging day as the best of minds in the digital space (Internet, mobile) in the country deliberate on setting what direction you could take to succeed in these sectors.
The EMERGE 50 list is an impressive amalgamation of various sectors in which the companies have been chosen from. The companies in the list have revenues up to Rs. 50 crores a year. The jury members, the Zinnov team, and NASSCOM arrived at the 50 emerging/start-up companies after intense deliberations and had a tough time. The process followed for selecting the companies is as follows:
- Companies were invited to nominate themselves in any of the categories. We received 200 plus entries this year across 5 categories.
- Applications were sorted out in different categories (i.e. Growth, Markets, Products, Services, & Start-ups).
- Companies were evaluated on basic criterions such as revenue growth rates for last 3 years, revenue contribution, average revenue per employee etc. to arrive at the preliminary shortlist of companies in each category:Only relevant criterion was put for individual categories.
- The shortlisted companies were then objectively evaluated (through a mathematical model) on a number of parameters including financials, growth, market differentiator, customers, market visibility, & distribution/GTM
- The evaluation on above parameters was used to come up with a net score for individual companies and hence the shortlist of top companies in each.
Now goes the EMERGE 50 list. YourStory heartfully congratulates the winners and wishes them the very best. As NASSCOM is behind you, YourStory is also behind you!
Want to make your startup journey smooth? YS Education brings a comprehensive Funding Course, where you also get a chance to pitch your business plan to top investors. Click here to know more.