India is one of the fastest growing economies in the world. Its rapidly increasing middle class is putting evermore pressure on the country’s resources. Despite this growth, India is still home to one-third of the world’s poor. This combination of factors calls for swift action of smart minds to offer innovative solutions to the needs of Indian citizens; solutions that simultaneously contribute to the implementation of green low-end technologies, ensuring a sustainable future.
atmosfair in partnership with niiti consulting is inviting applications from individuals and organisations for atmosfair India Renewable Energy Innovation awards that provide innovative proposals for existing projects, new projects or projects under incubation, that fit the following profile:
- Reduces greenhouse gasses in India, preferably biogas, cook stoves, waste management, solar lamps, pump efficiency or solar water heating
- Enhances the quality of life of people in the project area
- Provides opportunities for economically viable, locally run businesses
- Preferably, should be able to develop into a GS CDM/GS VER (Gold Standard Clean Development Mechanism/ Gold Standard Voluntary Emission Reduction)
We offer an award of 9 lakh INR for the best application. Moreover, the project will be able to gain 10-100% project support from atmosfair, depending on the technology used and the large-scale triple bottom line impact it creates in the destination.
Criteria for application
- Minimum emission reduction for projects: 4000t CO2/a for GS VER and 15000t CO2/a for CDM GS
- High contribution to local sustainable development (technology transfer, employment, rural electrification, poverty reduction solutions to waste management, etc.)
- Proven additionality, i.e. adherence to GS CDM/GS VER requirements will contribute significantly to the economic viability of the project
- March 27th, 2011 – Last date for submission of applications. Applications should be submitted online or by email in the prescribed format only
- April 10th, 2011 – Submission of additional information, e.g. evidence for project road map, references, potential / existing partners (if not already included in the application) asked of short-listed candidates
- May 10th, 2011 – Announcement of winners of award by atmosfair and niiti consulting
To apply and know more about the awards, click here. For any queries, suggestions or recommendations, please write to email@example.com. Follow the awards and other updates on: Twitter: @niiticonsulting and #atmawards; Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Atmosfair-India-Renewable-Energy-Innovation-Awards/133584653378763
Want to make your startup journey smooth? YS Education brings a comprehensive Funding Course, where you also get a chance to pitch your business plan to top investors. Click here to know more.