Both of the founders are serial entrepreneurs, who after starting a company together last year in Latin America, came to realize they have had the same experiences as most other startups – they spent most of the time looking for money, and usually at the most inopportune times.
"For an entrepreneur outside of the Angel and Venture Capital centers of the world, the hunt for company funding is a difficult and time consuming process. The Angels and VC´s hold all the cards and thus the entrepreneur is beholden to them." believe the founders and that is how the Startup Stock Exchange was born.
The Startup Stock Exchange will aim to be a market with rules and regulations designed specifically for emerging and small businesses. The publically traded stock of each company can be bought or sold at any time. It will allow the Indian startups and small businesses to raise funding at any level, whether it is from napkin to prototype, or from prototype to global distribution. It allows the entrepreneurs to focus on building their business rather than chasing money.
The Startup Stock Exchange will try to solve a number of issues that entrepreneurs face each day:
- A Single Investor Package: A standard funding application is used for all investors
- Private Application Process: Business information remains private and protected until a company is approved for trading. This is contrary to the current process of Disrupt competitions, Angel List postings and Mashups.
- Global Investors: Thousands of investors worldwide are available to fund the company. A single investor no longer dictates the terms.
- Low Fee Structure: Minimal fees for the application process and listing are less expensive than the equity or commission paid currently to “capital raisers”
- Multiple Offerings: The entrepreneur controls how many shares to sell and when. They may raise money in stages at the best valuation possible.
- Ownership Control: The entrepreneur retains control of their company, instead of being controlled by the Angel or Venture Capital firm
If you are a startup and looking to raise funds, then please visit the www.StartupStockExchange.net Here is an exclusive for YourStory readers – Use Coupon Code “YOURSTORY1” and you will be able to upload Executive Summary of your startup free of cost (value USD $25).
What are your views on this?