Do you know exceptional individuals with ideas or initiatives for social change? UnLtd India, an incubator for social entrepreneurs, is looking for applicants from Mumbai, Thane, Pune, Solapur, Raigarh Satara or Ahmadnagar for a unique incubation support programme.
Selected investees will receive a one year package of:
- Startup funding
- Hands-on assistance with critical areas like business and financial planning, fundraising, legal structures, governance, etc.
- Connections to peers, experts and leaders
What are some of our social entrepreneurs doing?
Ankit Mathur and Neha Juneja, the founders of Greenway Grameen Infra, have designed a Smart Stove that burns biomass with incredible efficiency, using 65% less fuel and producing 80% less smoke than traditional mud cookstoves. For their innovative work, they recently won the Tata Social Enterprise Challenge, were selected as 2013 Unreasonable Fellows and co-founder Neha won the L’Oreal Paris & Femina Women’s Award for Science & Innovation.
Meanwhile, Apurva Kothari is hard at work to reduce farmer suicides with his company, No Nasties. By designing, producing and selling high-quality t-shirts made from 100% fair trade, organic cotton, Apurva seeks to engage the local consumer sector to build a market for the organic cotton being produced by farmers. He was recently featured in Entrepreneur Magazine, alongside other entrepreneurs such as Seth Godin.
What have our investees said about our support?
Krishna Ramkumar, the founder of Avanti Fellows, explains, “We applied to UnLtd India within the first couple of months of our inception. As a startup looking for access to capital, mentoring support and a wider network of peers, funders and supporters, we fit the bill for UnLtd India perfectly.” Now the largest company of its kind in India, Krishna says, “UnLtd India played a massive role in helping accelerate our growth. I got frank feedback…helping me refine and better articulate our goals as an organisation [and] UnLtd India staff also made valuable connections with legal resources and helped us establish a partnership with a leading bank for financing.”
Applications for the next cohort of investees are now open! Please consider our eligibility criteria below and visit our website for details on how to apply.
Deadline for applications is April 15th, 2013.
Basic Eligibility Criteria
- Applicant must be a resident in India (based in Mumbai, Thane, Pune, Solapur, Raigarh, Satara or Ahmadnagar).
- Applicants must be over 16.
- Applicant must have the passion and drive to make a positive change.
- Applicant must have an idea or an existing project. The project must not be legally registered for more than four years.
- Applicants could be working part time on their idea/project.
- Applicants need not have registered organizations.
If you or anyone you know meets the criteria below, please connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.