Firstly, if you don’t know about TechSparks, please take a pause and make a note to yourself that you have hardly seen anything about the startup space in India :)
Now, TechSparks - the flagship event of YourStory in it’s 4th edition now, is the largest startup event in India. It is a multi-city technology product startup recognition platform wherein 30 of the country’s most promising tech startups are presented at the grand finale in Bangalore. For the 4th edition, we’ll be going to 7 cities (details on site). We’re already done with our inaugural TechSparks event at Kochi (here are the pics in case if you missed it) and are coming to Mumbai (IIT Bombay) on 8th June.
Here we present you 7 reasons why you should be attending TechSparks and how does the experience help:
1. Discover the best startups from your city: You might not know but there are some amazing startups doing great work around you. Each city roundtable will showcase some of the local superstars who have the potential of making it big and at the Grand Finale, the Tech30 report will put up the best 30 tech product companies.
2. Network with the best: What happens when you meet hundreds of awesome people from the hottest start-ups across the country? This is where the professional and personal connections start to build and great ideas take birth. A place where you meet a stranger and a casual conversation can lead to great companies being built.
3. Hear from people who have been there, done that: TechSparks is a meeting ground for entrepreneurs, investors and stakeholders in the startup space. This is also where you'll be able to witness some of the most insightful speeches and panel discussions from the best in the startup space.
4. Take a break from your cubicle: So, it seems like TechSparks is for all those who’re in the startup space, but if you’re not into it, don’t worry. This will be a great gateway for you to explore a culture where people spend more time getting things done and not in meetings and gossip. Come, be a part of the fiesta, we’re sure you’ll be drawn in.
5. You've just launched and looking for users/customers: TechSparks is one of the biggest platforms to meet like-minded people who are doing very exciting things and are genuinely interested in knowing what you do and would be more than happy to use your product & give you honest and detailed feedback. Instead of sending cold mails and sending tonnes of invites on Facebook to no avail, show it to people who can give some meaty feedback.
6. Hire people who fit into your culture: If you’re an entrepreneur, we know how hard hiring is. Hiring, even though, is not a primary aim of TechSparks (We have our Jobs Board and Startup Jobs Fair for that), but here you will meet people who have a knack for working in startups, who are willing to put in those extra hours and who are willing to learn and grow with you.
7. And finally, because there is no bigger or better platform for tech startups in India: We have been consistently supporting the startup ecosystem in India over the past four and a half years and we continue to do so. The past three TechSparks sessions have been phenomenal and you can count on us to make this one better and bigger!
You really don’t want to miss this!
REGISTER HERE TO ATTEND TECHSPARKS MUMBAI 2013 AND IF YOU’RE A STARTUP, APPLY HERE TO BE TECHSPARKS OF 2013.