Thus Spake Series: Seth Godin’s quotes of Relevance to Entrepreneurs
[nggallery id=3 w=720 h=540]
1. Just about every successful venture is based on an “unoriginal idea” beautifully executed. Ideas are easy, doing stuff is hard.
2. Say “no” to being average.
3. Some marketing jobs are about responding. None are about reacting. The best ones are about initiating.
4. No, everything is not going to be okay. It never is. Change, by definition, changes things. It makes some things better, and some things worse. Free yourself from the need for perfect acceptance.
5. Find Inspiration instead of it finding you.
6. If your work is filled with hope and longing for applause, it’s no longer your work – the dependence on approval has corrupted it.
7. The best stories don’t teach people anything new. Best stories agree with the audience’s worldview.
8. Be scarce. Scarcity creates fashion. People want something that others can’t have.
9. Look for trouble. Attract people in trouble. Help solve their problems. Build your reputation. Sales happen!
Seth Godin is an American actor, entrepreneur, author, and public speaker. Read more about his work at - http://sethgodin.typepad.com/