20 must follow Twitter accounts in the world of social entrepreneurship
Twitter is a great way to keep abreast on the latest happenings in a simple, uncomplicated and effortless fashion. Most social entrepreneurs, social enterprises, think-tanks, and organizations that support social entrepreneurship are on Twitter. We at SocialStory spent time compiling a list of top Twitter accounts to follow, ensuring you don’t miss a single update, on the latest in the world of social entrepreneurship. If we have missed any accounts that you think are important, please drop us a note in the comments section, and we will add them to future lists.
1) Who? AlertNet: The Thomson Reuters Foundation’s humanitarian news service covers wars, conflict, natural disasters, food and health emergencies. Tweet to ask for a follow.
2) Who? Ashoka Changemakers: Follow them for the latest in innovation, social entrepreneurship and how you can make a difference. Why? Everyone Can Be a Changemaker.
3) Who? Unreasonable Team: They provide entrepreneurs with mentorship, access to capital, and a global network to scale solutions to some of the world’s biggest challenges.
4) Who? Acumen: Our mission is to change the way the world tackles poverty by investing in companies, leaders, and ideas.
5) Who? Skoll World Forum: The most relevant news, insight, & opportunities that accelerate entrepreneurial approaches and innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing social issues
6) Who? Skoll Foundatio: Driving large-scale change by investing in, connecting, & celebrating social entrepreneurs & innovators dedicated to solving the world’s most pressing problems
7) Who? NextBillion: Exploring the connection between development and enterprise through blogs and analysis
8) Who? Kiva: Fight poverty with loans as small as $25.
9) Who? Pierre Omidyar: Be you. Be cool. eBay, Omidyar Network, Peer News/Civil Beat.
10) Who? Rockefeller Foundation: Promoting the well-being of humanity around the world.
11) Who? Echoing Green: Unleashing your talent to solve the world’s biggest problems.
12) Who: UnLtd: UnLtd’s mission is to reach out and unleash the energies of people who can transform the world in which they live. We call these people social entrepreneurs.
13) Who? Richard Branson: Founder and CEO at Virgin Group. Tie-loathing adventurer and thrill seeker, who believes in turning ideas into reality.
14) Who? Bill Gates: Sharing things I’m learning through my foundation work and other interests…@WIRED guest editor
15) Who? TOMS: TOMS Shoes and TOMS Eyewear. One for One.
16) Who? Muhammad Yunus: 2006 Nobel Peace Prize winner Professor Muhammad Yunus is busy creating a world without poverty. Will you join him?
17) Who? Stanford Social Innovation Review: Informing and Inspiring Leaders of Social Change
18) Who? Case Foundation: Informing and Inspiring Leaders of Social Change
19) Who? World Economic Forum: Official live tweet account of the World Economic Forum for key quotes from panels and conversational.
20) Who? GOOD: A global community working towards individual and collective progress, and good.is is the platform for its members to share what’s good to learn and do.