We at YourStory are always committed to bringing ‘hatke’ events for the entrepreneur community in India. Whatever we do, we do in style!
Be it our flagship event TechSparks attended by over 1200 entrepreneurs or India’s one and only singles mixer for entrepreneurs called ‘Bootstrap Love’, our efforts are always focused on bringing the ecosystem together in a way that only we can!
It’s no secret how much everyone enjoyed last year’s ‘Bootstrap Love’ event, so when our partner TwolyMadlyDeeply decided to re-brand to HatkeShaadi, we were excited to do something ‘hatke’ in true YourStory fashion.
What if we took the cliched ‘entrepreneur-pitches-to-VC’ scenario but made it way cooler? What if pitching to a VC was actually an enjoyable experience? What if the VCs were to be present in their informal avatars to meet the entrepreneurs?
It’s Valentine’s Day. And who doesn’t love dating?
We are proud to unveil ‘Speed date with VCs’ in association with HatkeShaadi (formerly TwolyMadlyDeeply.com) – a one-of-a-kind curated event where entrepreneurs get to ‘speed date’ VCs and get dedicated one-on-one time with them.
- Come connect with VCs (Casual Dating)
- Get early feedback on your idea (Woo)
- Time to Pitch (Will You Marry Me?)
- Seek advice (Be my Wing Man?)
Register now to be there!
When: Saturday, 22 February, 2014; 9.30am – 1.00pm
Where: Blimey, 1 MG Road, Bangalore
9:30am-10:00am – Registration and entry
10:00am-10:05am – Welcome note
10:05am-10:15am – Shradha Sharma: Why are we doing this ‘Hatke’ event this year?
10:15am-10:45am – VCs: Why you should woo us? (Fun VC introduction session)
10:45am-11:30am – VC-Entrepreneur ‘Speed Dating’ (Session 1)
11:30am-12:00pm – Beer & networking
12:00pm-12.45pm – VC-Entrepreneur ‘Speed Dating’ (Session 2)
12.45pm-1.00pm – Wrap up
- Each VC sits at a table
- Entrepreneurs get dedicated time with the VC to share their idea for advice / brainstorming / funding
- Each “date” is for 15 minutes
- Entrepreneurs move to the next table when the bell rings
- Each entrepreneur gets to talk to 2-3 VCs
- Accel Partners
- IDG Ventures
- LGT Ventures
- Mumbai Angels
- Nexus Venture Partners
- Palaash Ventures
- ...more confirmations happening!
- 3 February – 15 February: Registrations
- 16 February: Selection of startups based on the registration form
- 20 February: One hour session on “How to pitch” for short listed startups
- 20February – 21 February: Coaching & feedback for short listed startups, as needed
- 22 February: Date Day!
- INR 1999/- for one entrepreneur from a startup
- INR 2999/- for two entrepreneurs from a startup