This article is sponsored by Runway To Success
Ramesh, a 23 year old automobile engineer, was in the business of making electric bikes. The aim of this innovative entrepreneurial venture was to provide electric bikes and help hundreds of retailers to distribute milk and food in villages efficiently. Unfortunately, some of his business decisions did not turn out to be the way he expected. Ramesh was very well aware of the fact that start-ups will need repeated attempts and perseverance, and at this stage of his business he was in a position to take advice and pointers from the veterans in his field. He had the zing in him but needed a support system to put some method to the madness.
And like Ramesh, there are hundreds of other young entrepreneurs budding in the country right now. As this Forbes article mentions, “Many first-time entrepreneurs mistakenly believe that they must achieve results one hundred percent on their own; however, learning from the successes (and mistakes) of individuals who have gone through the same process is paramount to accomplishing your goals.” It is equally important to choose the right mentors (and investors) who add value to the business but the first step is to go out and look for mentors.
Having a mentor by your side is invaluable. A step in this direction, Lufthansa, ET NOW and the global entrepreneurship fostering network TiE, has come together with #RunwaytoSuccess, to celebrate the spirit of creativity, diversity and entrepreneurship that have been the hallmarks of our democracy. #RunwaytoSuccess is a dual set-up presenting a TV series and mentorship camp. TV series will have two segments, one featuring the journey of business leaders and the second will be a competition between the SMEs with a Grand Prize (find more about the prize below). Mentorship camps will have a nationwide reach in association with TiE where entrepreneurs will get the chance to meet and interact with the experts.
Here is why it is an exciting opportunity for your business to take the leap forward
- Learn from entrepreneurs:- All the participants will benefit from the mentorship camps as they will be involved in insightful and crispy group discussions by our very own successful veteran entrepreneurs and along with this, they will stand a chance to have one to one mentoring sessions with the experts as well.
- Participation is absolutely free
- Nationwide reach:- Every Small and medium entrepreneur of this country is invited to attend the mentorship camps and these will be held in major metropolitan hubs of India.
- Everyone should build their network before they need it:- Here is a platform to meet the likeminded peers, tough competitors and experts to share experiences, network and learn from each other all under one roof.
- Powerful Guru Sessions:- Get advice on all aspects of starting, growing and managing your business from the experts in the field. This is your chance to get the experts on your side to scale your business. #RunwaytoSuccess:- Lufthansa wants to celebrate with you the innovative spirit of ‘Indian Entrepreneurship’
The Promising TV series
Unfolding the journey of the entrepreneurs:- The first segment will be a powerful yet inspirational one which will connect you to the successful entrepreneur’s inspirational journey. The invited guests will describe their journey, how did they start, how was their team built, the peaks and lows of their business and the decisions that helped them to be where they are right now.
Unleash the business hero within you:- The second one will be an episodic one, which will feature 3 SME contestants presenting their business ideas to the renowned entrepreneur. Episodic winners will compete for the semi-final and final rounds and 3 top contestants will enter the finale to win the grand prize, which has to be on top of any SME’s list.
The Grand Prize-‘3 in 1’ package:-
Inviting the best and brightest to compete for the grand prize. The winner of TV series will be awarded –
- A seat at Stanford University’s prestigious Design Thinking Boot Camp
- A Business Class ticket to the US
- TiE mentorship
Over 20,000 entrepreneurs signed up for it last year, resulting in intense competition for 21 spots on the show. The registrations for this year are now open.
REGISTER NOW WITH #RunwaytoSuccess
Step1 (Mentorship Camp):- Reserve your seat at a Runway to Success Mentorship camp.
Step2 (TV Series):- Sign up for Runway to Success TV Series.
Visit the website for more information.