There are more mobile connections around the world than there are humans on the planet and people are spending more time on mobile, expecting information to be available at their fingertips and that people and businesses will reply to their messages as soon as possible. A few weeks ago, Facebook updated messaging features for Pages to help people and businesses connect faster and more conveniently. And today, Facebook has announced a host of Pages enhancements that will help 45 million active businesses on Facebook get more value from them.
Facebook claims that 56 per cent of people on Facebook in India are connected to an SMB and over one billion people(globally) visits Pages every month. These updates will primarily enhance the mobile presence of businesses and introduce new tools for better communication with customers.
New features include:
1. New and more prominent call-to-action buttons: More prominent call-to-action buttons on mobile on Pages to help consumers more easily find the information. The new look of the call-to-action button on mobile is bigger, brighter and directly under the Page cover photo. The company is also testing new call-to-action buttons on mobile, including “Call Now,” “Send Message” and “Contact Us,” making it easier for people and businesses to connect directly. These will be added over the time.
2. New sections for Pages:Now, Facebook will be adding new sections to Pages, so different types of businesses can prominently feature the information that is most relevant to their organization. The new Shop section helps retail businesses bring their products to the forefront of their Page, while the new Services section enables professional services businesses to showcase a list of their offerings at the top of their Page. For example, a spa can add their services menu to their Page or highlight the line of products they sell, helping people get to know their business faster. And understanding the services and products a business offers is key to deciding to work with that business.
3. Improved Page layout: As more people connect with Pages from phones and tablets, Pages layout will be updated so that information is easy to find without lots of scrolling and clicking. One way to do this is by giving each Page section a corresponding tab, just like how videos and photos have their own tabs. When this new layout launches in the coming weeks, Page visitors will be able to click on the tab associated with a section to see more details. The Home tab, which is the landing tab on Pages, will also contain highlights of each section, so relevant information is front and center when someone first gets to a Page.
4. Update your Page for mobile: People are spending more time on their phones and tablets, which means businesses need to keep up with people's expectation that they can find information and communicate with a business anytime, anywhere, on any device. Some of the new features in this context are:
- Saved replies: Help Page admins respond faster to incoming messages (i.e. Create/save responses to common questions.)
- Response signals: Identify Pages that are very responsive to private messages.
- Reply privately: Page admins will be able to reply to public comments with a private message