20 real life quotes from Larry Page that will change your course of thinking
Extraordinary CEOs are visionaries that dared to go ahead when all odds were turned against them. They have inspired employees and people who have followed them. Larry Lawrence Page, Google’s billionaire Co-founder and Chief Executive, undoubtedly changed the world for us. Google has converted the world into a place where in one needn’t memorise anything. Maybe his name isn’t as well-known as Mark Zuckerberg or Bill Gates, but it is because of his desire to ‘invent things’ that made the business world what it is today.
Image credits: www.wikipedia.com
We may not realise it, but it is Page who has completely revolutionised the internet and made our lives very different and entertaining.
We bring to you 20 quotes from this IT sovereign that are sure to change the way you think!
- “If you’re changing the world, you’re working on important things. You’re excited to get up in the morning.”
- We don’t have as many managers as we should, but we would rather have too few than too many.”
- “I think part of the reason we are successful so far is that originally we didn’t really want to start a business.”
- “You never lose a dream, it just incubates as a hobby.”
- “It is often easier to make progress on mega- ambitious dreams. Since no one else is crazy enough to do it, you have little competition.”
- “Deep knowledge from your manager goes a long way towards motivating you. And I have a pretty good capability for that.”
- “Always deliver more than expected.”
- “If we were motivated by money, we would have sold the company a long time ago and ended up on a beach.”
- “There’s many, many more exciting and important things you could do that you just can’t do because they are illegal or they are not allowed by regulation.
- “You’re probably on the right rack if you feel like a sidewalk worm during a rainstorm.”
- “If you’re not doing some things that are crazy, then you’re doing the wrong things.”
- “Lots of companies don’t succeed over time. What do they fundamentally do wrong? They usually miss the future.”
- “If your access to healthcare involves you leaving work and driving somewhere and parking and waiting for a long time, that’s not going to promote healthiness.”
- “Some people are good at starting things, not good at finishing things.”
- “I like to ask a lot of questions to my employees, to learn about what they do and how they do.”
- “You need to get one thing done well or else you don’t have permission to do anything else.”
- “I think there’s also a social problem that a lot of people aren’t happy if they don’t have anything to do.”
- "I think it is often easier to make progress on mega-ambitious dreams. Since no one else is crazy enough to do it, you have little competition. In fact, there are so few people this crazy that I feel like I know them all by first name."
- “For me privacy and security are really important. We think about it in terms of both: You can’t have privacy without security.”
- “What is the one sentence summary of how to change the world? Always work hard on something uncomfortably exciting!”