Reliance Jio Prime subscription now to be available for freeShruthi Mohan
With a week left for consumers to subscribe to Reliance Jio membership, the telecom biggie has announced that Jio Prime membership will be free. The company had earlier announced its Jio Prime membership, through which users can continue enjoying all the benefits under the Happy New Year offer. Users can avail the services by paying a subscription fee of Rs 99 and Rs 303 after April 1st 2017.
Here's all you need to know:
1. This limited period offer starts from 15th March, 2017.
2. An eligible transaction is a successful Jio Plan recharge for the value of Rs 99 or more by using the JioMoney wallet or from the MyJio App and/or www.jio.com, by logging into and making the payment using the JioMoney wallet during the offer period. One interesting thing to note is that this essentially makes your Reliance Jio Prime membership free, as you get Rs 100 back for a Rs 99 offer in the form of cash vouchers.
3. Jio introduced a special offer whereby users can get Rs 50 cashback on every recharge that is done through the JioMoney app. However, this cashback will be available in the form of Jio vouchers in the JioMoney app. In the case of Jio users who use Paytm or Mobikwik for their recharges, the cashback doesn't apply.
4. The customer can redeem the discount voucher received only on the Jio Plan recharge for the value of Rs 303 or more using JioMoney between 25th March and 30th June.
5. The customer can avail this offer only for five successful eligible transactions per user during the offer period.
6. The customer can use one discount voucher per Jio Plan recharge of Rs 303 or more.
7. The voucher will be updated in the offers section of the JioMoney app within two working days after the successful eligible transaction.
The users of the Happy New Year offer could avail free unlimited calls and SMS across all the networks along with 1GB 4G LTE. The Jio Prime members will also get a bunch of other benefits, including extra data value for the same price.
Reliance Jio recently filed a complaint against Airtel after Ookla awarded the latter the tag of ‘India’s Fastest Mobile Network’, and has taken the case to the Advertising Standards Council of India (ASCI). Jio has trashed Airtel’s claims, calling them “false, misleading, and incorrect”. It has also alleged that certain recent advertisements run by the latter make false and malicious claims, and have caused harm to the company.