Talk to any millennial and he/she will tell you that among all the social networking platforms out there, Instagram is one of their most loved digital networking sites. Today, Instagram has a user base of over 700 million active monthly users, therefore making it one of the most preferred platforms for advertisers as well. It is a sophisticated place for marketers and businessmen to sell their products and services in a relevant and appealing manner. This photo-sharing platform has taken the internet by storm and shows no signs of stopping anytime soon.
If you are a marketer who can't decide whether or not to market your brand on Instagram, here are 17 facts that will help make the decision easier for you.
- More than 75 percent of all Instagram users are based outside the United States of America.
- Most Instagram users are aged between 18 and 29.
- Six out of 10 adults who use the internet are on Instagram.
- Selena Gomez is the most followed person on Instagram..
- A staggering 95 million photos and videos are shared on Instagram every day.
- Since its conception, over 40 billion photos and videos have been shared on Instagram.
- The 'Stories' feature on Instagram is extremely popular. Hundred million Instagram users use the 'Stories' feature on a daily basis.
- If you are looking for maximum engagement on your posts, the best time to upload a post on Instagram is at 5 pm on Wednesdays.
- Selfies are one of the most uploaded photos on Instagram. As of December 2016, there were over 282 million selfies on Instagram.
- Instagram users are all about spreading the love and therefore the most used emoji on Instagram is <3.
- The most popular photo on Instagram has close to six million likes. It belongs to none other than Beyonce who announced her pregnancy on Instagram through this popular post.
- The most used Instagram filters in the world are Juno, Gingham, and Clarendon.
- The most popular hashtags for marketing on Instagram are #socialmedia #social #branding #entrepreneur #success #sales #entrepreneurship #tech #branding #marketing #contestalert #business #sweepstakes #giveaway #travel #discount #deal #smallbiz
- The most popular hashtags in general are #instagood #love #photooftheday #cute #tbt #beautiful #selfie #me #tagforlikes #followme #fashion #summer #likes4likes #happy #art #fun #friends #smile #girl #repost #instadaily
- Seventy percent of performance campaigns produce statistically significant lifts for online conversions or mobile app installs.
- Five percent of people take action after being influenced by a post. These actions include shopping, searching, sending to a friend, or visiting a website.
- Instagram is a more female-oriented platform. A whopping 68 percent of Instagram's user base is female. Thirty-one percent of female internet users are present on Instagram, compared to 21 percent of male internet users.
If you're a marketer looking to boost your business and grow your sales through social media, Instagram is the place to be.
Read next: Some tricks marketeers can learn from average Instagrammers.