Michelle Obama, the 44th First Lady, is the wife of former President of the United States of America, Barack Obama. She studied sociology and African-American studies at Princeton University. After graduating from Harvard Law School, she joined a Chicago law firm where she met Barack Obama.
Over the years, Mrs. Obama has established herself as a role model and a force to reckon with. She is famous for her ongoing battle to educate girls worldwide. She is also dedicated to solving the problem of obesity so that children born today will grow up healthier.
Here are a few quotes by the former First Lady that you should commit to memory:
- "The only limit to the height of your achievements is the reach of your dreams and your willingness to work hard for them."
- "Success is only meaningful and enjoyable if it feels like your own."
- "There is no magic to achievement. It's really about hard work, choices, and persistence."
- "When I hear about negative and false attacks, I really don't invest any energy in them, because I know who I am."
- "Always stay true to yourself and never let what somebody says distract you from your goals."
- "Find people who will make you better."
- "Women and girls can do whatever they want. There is no limit to what we as women can accomplish."
- "I've seen firsthand that being president doesn't change who you are. It reveals who you are."
- "No matter who you are, no matter where you come from, you are beautiful."
- "We need to do a better job of putting ourselves higher on our own 'to do' list."
- "You've got to make choices that make sense for you because there's always going to be somebody who'll think you should do something differently."
- "Successisn't about how much money you make. It's about the difference you make in people's lives."
- "Be passionate about something and lean to that strength."
- "We learned about dignity and decency – that how hard you work matters more than how much you make... that helping others means more than just getting ahead yourself."
- "Do not die in the history of your past hurts and past experiences, but live in the now and future of your destiny."
- "Walk away from 'friendships' that make you feel small and insecure, and seek out people who inspire you and support you."
- "Whether you come from a council estate or a country estate, your success will be determined by your own confidence and fortitude."
- "I admit it: I am louder than the average human being and have no fear of speaking my mind. These traits don't come from the colour of my skin but from an unwavering belief in my own intelligence."
It's easy to get lost in the shadow of a President, but Michelle Obama held her own all these years and continues to do so. It is for this reason that people, especially women, from all around the world look up to her for guidance and inspiration.
Want to make your startup journey smooth? YS Education brings a comprehensive Funding Course, where you also get a chance to pitch your business plan to top investors. Click here to know more.