A long day ahead? Here are a few yoga asanas to help you start your day on a fresh note.
We are all stuck in the daily grind where we barely get time to work out. We are constantly on the run but what we should at the least try to do is start your day fresh. Humans are physical, emotional and spiritual. To promote a healthy balance between these three, we need a unique form of activity.
When you wake up in the morning and start your day, we should always make sure that we do it with the right frame of mind.
If we start our day on a positive note and if we are clear about what we are doing, then the whole day will go smoothly. Along with the daily work around the house that goes into your routine, we should add a few yoga moves that can be beneficial for everyone to enhance their mental setup. If you are someone who practises yoga regularly or if you know someone who practises yoga regularly, you will know that doing yoga helps boost your mood immediately.
When you’re starting work, you can do a couple of easy asanas to boost your energy levels and positivity. To begin with these asanas, you should first stand up straight, without any thoughts in your head, completely calm and composed.
Time: 1 minute
- Sit down in the lotus position. Keep your back straight, take a deep breath and fill your lungs. Now exhale slowly.
- Do this 10 times.
- Helps calm the sensory and motor systems.
- Helps with oxygen circulation in the brain
- Energises body and mind and keeps it calm.
- Helps those suffering from anxiety.
- Increases lung capacity.
Sukshma Vyayamaa (Subtle asana)
Time: 5 times on each side
- Stand up on the floor in an upright position. Stretch both your hands up towards the ceiling and inhale deeply.
- Now, slowly bend to your right side as you hold your breath.
- Straighten up our body and exhale.
- Once again, inhale, move to your left as you hold your breath.
- Slowly move up straight and exhale.
- After doing this a couple of times bend back and then bend forward in the similar manner and following the same breathing techniques.
- Sukshama vyayamaa can help you increase various aspects in your personality, both mentally and physically.
- Helps in calm breathing.
- Helps stretch each internal organ.
- It increases concentration.
- Boosts positivity and positive thought.
Padahastasan (forward bend asana)
Time: 3 times
- Stand on the floor in an upright position with your hands held loosely at your sides.
- Lift your hands straight up and allow your palms to lightly touch each other.
- Exhale and stretch your arms out while slowly bending at your waist.
- Keep bending until your hands reach your toes. Your chin should come in contact with your knees.
- Slide your fingers under your toes and hold this position for five to 15 seconds.
- Exhale and bend downwards from your hips until your hands reach your toes.
- Hold the toes with your hands and remain steady. Relax.
- Increases flexibility in your back abdomen and legs.
- Helps with the lower back problem.
- Helps with abdominal problems.
- Eliminates stress and anxiety.
- Helps boost concentration.
(Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of YourStory.)