Esselerator, Essel Group’s startup accelerator programme, invites startups to solve problem in Media and Entertainment space
According to a study done by the global management and strategy consulting firm Zinnov, the Media and Entertainment (M&E) Market is expected to grow phenomenally in the next five years. The study states that by 2022, the M&E Market will touch USD 2.3 Trillion, up from USD 1.6 Trillion in 2017.
The growth and market disruption will be majorly driven by new-age digital technologies and advancements in mobile, video, and content consumption patterns. And, fuelling the growth further are initiatives that fuel partnerships and collaborations between established media houses and new age digital companies and startups. One such initiative is the Esselerator programme. An initiative by the Subhash Chandra Foundation, Esselerator is designed to provide an opportunity to entrepreneurs to build innovative products and solutions in the fast-revolving M&E space. The programme enables early and growth stage start-ups to build POC to win commercial contracts and equity investment from Essel Group.
Calling all early and growth stage startups, building solutions to solve real world problems in Media Tech, Ad Tech and Advanced Tech to apply for Esselerator 2.0. Last date – Dec 31.
Launched in December 2017, the Esselerator programme aims to co-develop and nurture early and growth stage startups in the Media Tech, Ad Tech, Ed Tech and Advanced Tech space. The first edition saw more 300 startups applying for this programme. After a through screening process, six start-ups – Decible Media, goSeekr, TOCH, 4play, Pumpkiin and Be Ninja Solutions - were selected for a 100-day long accelerator program.
Now, the Essel Group and its participating media brands – Zee TV, Zee Music Group, Zee News and Zee Learn, have launched Esselerator Cohort 2.0 with Zinnov as the programme partner.
Who will I be working with?
The programme, spearheaded by the Essel group, is being driven by Zee Media, Zee TV, Zee Music Group and Zee5.
- Zee Media – Zee Media Group is one of the biggest news media company in India with 10 channels across 6 languages and a viewership of 200 million+. Some of the popular brands include Zee News and Daily News and Analysis.
- Zee TV – Zee TV is India’s first private cable channel, also available in South East Asia, Europe, Middle East, Africa and North America. It has a market share of over 20% in Hindi GEC primetime viewership.
- Zee Music – Zee Music is the fastest growing private music label in India with a market share of over 30% in less than 5 years of operational existence.
- Zee5 – Zee5, previously OZEE, is a VOD service having content available in 10+ languages. It has witnessed a strong double-digit growth and is set to become the leading entertainment app in India.
What’s the scope and format of the programme?
The programme gives startups the opportunity to deliver pilots in a 100-day timeframe. During this period, startups will gain from the following:
- Business and tech mentorship: The participating startups will be mentored by top industry leaders and successful entrepreneurs from across the globe. There would also be 1:1 learning sessions with tech experts.
- Co-working space: The shortlisted startups would have an opportunity to work out of Zee Media’s office in Mumbai, Hyderabad, Bangalore and NCR.
- Business support: The startups would be given guidance on functions such as legal, tax, compliance, finance, marketing and human resources, thereby enabling them to learn all aspects of operating and growing a business.
What do the startups gain from the programme?
The participants have an exciting opportunity to:
- Get their product/ solution validated using customer feedback and real-time datasets.
- Win commercial contract from the Zee Media group.
- Secure an equity investment term sheet.
Who can apply?
The programme is open to all early and growth stage startups, building solutions to solve real world problem in Media Tech, Ad Tech and Advanced Tech, with a willingness to work with the Essel Group, if selected.
Applications close on December 31 @ 11:59 hours. Apply Now!