Samsung unveils first foldable smartphone: 7.3 inch display, custom UI, and more features of Galaxy Fold
Unveiled during ‘Unpacked 2019’, Galaxy Fold has been priced at a steep $1980, and arrives in the US in April and in Europe in May.
In the battle of innovative smartphone designs and engineering genius, it looks like Samsung has taken a lead with the introduction of the first foldable device, Galaxy Fold.
Priced at an eye-watering $1980 (Rs 1,42,000 approx), the phone packs in a host of high-end features, including a 7.3 ich Infinity Flex display, a custom UI, and six cameras; building up the much-deserved hype ahead of its April launch in the US.
Here’s a quick look at some of its top features:
- Galaxy Fold comes with two screens – the main 7.3-inch foldable Infinity Flex display, and a 4.6 inch super AMOLED top display.
- It’s available with Android 9.0 and has the option of a custom UI.
- One of its eye-catching offerings is the App Continuity feature, which allows for easy transition between the top display to the main foldable screen for certain apps.
- Three-way multitasking is an option now, which basically lets users to run three apps at a time.
- The device has 12GB RAM, 512GB of storage, and is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 processor to take care of all the multi-tasking.
- There is dual battery support that together offers a 4,380mAh capacity.
- Galaxy Fold introduces six cameras, three on the back, two in the foldable screen, and one on top.
The unveiling of Galaxy Fold took place during the South Korean tech giant’s launch event, called Unpacked 2019, on Wednesday. After a build up of nearly eight years – Samsung had teased a flexible display prototype in 2011 – unsurprisingly, the device raked in a lot of anticipation. But it remains to be seen how the foldable phone actually fares in the market.
It arrives in the US on April 26, 2019, and it will made available in Europe starting May 3. At the moment no other details regarding Galaxy Fold’s launch in other markets, including India, are available.
Want to make your startup journey smooth? YS Education brings a comprehensive Funding Course, where you also get a chance to pitch your business plan to top investors. Click here to know more.