Design of a website is the NO1 factor that effects the Search engine optimisation or SEO. This not only helps in the crawl ability but also provides better user experience.
Below are few methods that can be used to make your website more SEO friendly:
1. Use descriptive menu in your website to help users find the information they are looking for, with ease.
2. Group the content on your website considering its relevance.
3. Use of text links in the footer helps the search engines in navigation. It is also helpful to the users.
4. Use of breadcrump navigation helps the users to the keep track of their location in the website as well as helps the search engine to learn the website’s structure.
5. Each page should provide an information about the user’s location in the website and is to view next.
6. The logo, primary message and navigation should be kept above the fold of a website.
7. Don’t change the template in each category and avoid horizontal scroll.
8. Content should be of quality and use relevant images (jpg,png,jif).
9. Use effective call to action button to help users proceed. Eg: click here, buy now, etc.
10. Use social media buttons to make your content sharable.
11. Reserve space for ad banners using standard ad sizes.
12. Make sure the website fits into the standard resolution size.
13. Do not build full flash websites and avoid the use of flash for navigation.