The usage of smartphones is growing worldwide, and it has helped email marketing stand its ground again. Digital marketers around the world are going gaga over email marketing, and they need more software and automation tools now than ever before. While it is fairly obvious that there is no one-size-fits-all email marketing tool in the market. The software or automation tools you choose will largely depend on your budget, the type of your business, the scope of the tool usage, etc. Even though it is your content that creates the big difference , these tools are what makes your workflow much smoother and outstanding. Here I recommend some of the best Email Marketing software and automation tools as of 2017.
1. GetResponse - This affordable tool has over 500 beautifully designed email templates. The best feature of this tool is its ease of usability. Which means, even if you’re a beginner, you can create professional looking emails with the help of this tool. For experienced users, this tool will enable you to split test everything from the body content to the time of the day. This tool also has many specific features, such as single opt-ins, mobile inbox preview, landing pages, etc. In addition to all of this, they have an excellent customer support and resolve issues(if any) quickly.
2. MailChimp - MailChimp is the go-to tool for creating newsletters and autoresponders. It has a simple user interface and is the most easy-to-use tool out there. MailChimp builds campaign building an effortless process, even for beginners. The special feature of MailChimp is that it offers a 100% free account. Enticing, isn’t it? Although to use autoresponders, you need to upgrade to a premium version of the tool. But, even in the free version, this tool offers a lot of services apt for beginners.
3. ActiveCampaign - ActiveCampaign is the best tool for small and medium sized businesses in the list. It is packed with great features and comes at a very affordable price starting at $9 per month. The best feature of this tool is that it has its CRM system that helps in the management and conversion of leads. In other words, it is a great platform for handling small business marketing and sales.
4. Aweber - Even though Aweber may seem a bit outdated, it still runs pretty well, is cost effective and has all the vital features of an email marketing software. They offer autoresponders, RSS-to-email, and many third party integrations. For advanced usage, it has some pretty good split testing features as well. Regarding Aweber’s user interface, it looks too simple to be effective, but that is not the case. It has virtually every feature that is required in an email marketing tool and fulfills those features effectively.
5. ConvertKit - The way in which ConvertKit differs from the rest is that it has a dedicated section for building email campaigns around web courses. This will serve as an inexpensive feature for bloggers. Apart from this, ConvertKit is aesthetically the most robust and beautiful tool out there. There is a sense of detailing in its design. Like every other tool, the automation features are kept straightforward and easy-to-use.
There are various tools on the market that work differently, are priced differently, or use a certain feature better than any other tool. Even though the basic automation and marketing functionalities of all the tools mentioned in the list are above par, the differentiation in its secondary features, design, and price will help you choose the one appropriate for your business.