Intra-city trucking logistics are still in its nascent stage in the country. This sector of logistics industry lacks transparency, which leads to sky-high prices and undetermined deliveries.
Intra-city trucking logistics are still in its nascent stage in the country. This sector of logistics industry lacks transparency, which leads to sky-high prices and undetermined deliveries. Moreover, it is difficult to get trucks when they are needed. Another common problem is finding a trustworthy truck driver whom you can trust with your goods. To solve these problems, online truck booking platforms have come up that let you book trucks and pickups, choose your drop location/locations, quotes realistic prices, and lets you track the truck while it is in transit. There are various use cases for online pickup booking service, we’ll tell you about a few:
• E-Commerce: The key to the success of any E-commerce business is satisfied customers. In order to keep your customers satisfied, timely deliveries need to be ensured. Along with timely deliveries, cost effective supply chain is also essential. Logistics is one of the main pain points of an E-commerce business. All they need is a transport service that lets them have various drop points at economic prices.
• Packing & Moving: Shifting houses can be really tiring and you wouldn’t want an additional pain of hustling with movers and packers. You should choose a transporter that lets you choose the kind of truck you would need and track it in real time as it is transporting all your valuables.
• Casket Hauling: Casket hauling market is in need of vehicles every day to transport caskets and coffins. Choosing the kind of truck required based on the number of caskets that need to be transported is one of the main problems for this market. A truck booking platform that lets you choose the right kind of truck you need is exactly what this market needs.
• Chemical Transport: The companies that need to transport chemicals need to keep a lot of things in mind. The truck body that can sustain the effects of chemicals if any, and a logistics partner that can ensure timely deliveries.
• Manufacturers: Manufacturing companies need to transport goods and carry out operations within the city. They need to supply goods to several vendors and distributors on the same day. This can make the supply chain management more cumbersome. Manufacturers need a supply chain partner that can streamline their operations cost-effectively.