Responsible travellernidhi berwal
Do you love to travel!?
Always eager to explore those natural paradise around?
If yes , then voila! You are one of those enlightened souls who believe in adding some wonderful experience to the journey called life!
But wait! Don’t you think it is equally important to create a pleasant experience for creatures around too!
It would be great if you leave the place in the best form to create a better experience for the people like you! Right!?
So mate it’s no harm in being a responsible traveller.
But what is responsible tourism and who is a responsible traveller?
Google baba says this : Responsible tourism is any form of tourism that can be consumed in a more responsible way. “Responsible tourism is tourism which: minimizes negative social, economic and environmental impacts, generates greater economic benefits for local people and enhances the well-being of host communities.”
And yes you got it right! Responsible traveller is one who believes in this concept and follows it!
Here is a quick checklist for trying to be a better and a more sound tripper
• Do not pollute the place you are packing your souls for.
• Take your pet bottle and prefer to refill it instead of taking a new one everytime.
• Do not throw trash around , beginners can afford to throw biodegradable waste carefully but hey just because you are a beginner at responsible tourism!
• Respect local culture by modifying your behaviour in terms of dress ,eating , drinking ,photos ,affection ,religion, after all they are the ones who can really enrich your experience.
• Turn off air-conditioning and lights when you leave your hotel room.
• Don't buy souvenirs produced from endangered species: shells, feathers, animal skins.
Follow these and take the responsibility to be mindful of the impact you leave behind.
Cheers if you are one and good luck for being one on your next trip!