It's important to look beautiful but we also have a responsibility to take care of our environment. Here are some environmentally friendly actions for makeup routines:
1) Double Up on Features - Choose products that can serve multiple purposes. For example, a BB cream can be used as a sunscreen, foundation and moisturizer. Choosing products that serve multiple purposes will help to ensure that less waste is created for the environment! (It is also cheaper than buying all the products separately).
2) Use a Straw - By drinking from a straw, you create less chance of messing up your lipstick. This means less touch-ups are required and less waste for the environment.
3) Use Dry Shampoo - Try to go a few days without washing your hair. You will be doing the environment a favor by using less water and electricity. Opt for a dry shampoo to keep your hair from looking oily.
4) Cut the Package - Cut open the package of your makeup and scrape out every last drop. This will ensure that none of your makeup goes to waste and saves you a few trips to the drugstore or department store. Less waste = better for the environment.
5) Choose ECO Tools - Look for makeup brushes that are made from sustainable materials like bamboo. Look for ones with synthetic bristles.