Fitness is the key to a healthy and successful life. The life of an entrepreneur is a hectic one where in most cases, there remains absolutely no motivation or time to take care of one’s health. The will to make your business successful distracts you from the actual goal in life, which is to stay healthy.
Gaurav Kaushal, a Fitness Advisor, Motivational Speaker & Mentor, has been guiding and influencing youngsters to have a fit and healthy body since the past 13 years. With his experience and expertise, he aims to strengthen the young generation of our country and motivate them to lead healthy lives.
So here are 5 fitness tips by him for Entrepreneurs to help them stay fit and healthy:
- Keep a check on your eating habits- Your eating habits remains one of the major reasons behind the fitness of your body. A balanced diet is a must if you plan to stay healthy. Starting with a healthy and nutritious breakfast, rich with protein and fruits, will help you stay focused on your work throughout the day. You should eat healthy throughout the day and your diet should include lots of vegetables. With your busy schedule, it is pertinent that you might have the desire to skip a few meals but you should avoid doing it at any cost. If you dine out, you should try ordering healthy foods with less calories.
Drinking at least two to three liters of water everyday should be a priority since water brings in several health benefits along with increasing your metabolism. In order to stay more focused on your diet, you can refer a nutritionist who would plan your meals every day. This will help you keep a track of the food you intake and avoid food from outside.
- Follow a sensible schedule- You may lose track of time most of the times with your hectic lifestyle, which is why you should follow a reasonable schedule where you have dedicated hours for work and leisure. It is important that you stick to those scheduled hours and avoid working beyond them. You should make a schedule where you have breaks in between work since it is important to keep you sane and motivated. Rigorous hours of work without any rest will make you fatigued and weary.
In order to stay balanced you have to devote a small amount of time to yourself, where you can relax and reflect upon yourself. Your schedule must include specific hours for exercise or yoga everyday or every week as per your convenience. It is important to start your day with a bit of walking or yoga in order to stay fit and calm throughout the day.
- Dedicate a few hours to exercise every week- Your habits shape you as a person. Exercise is highly essential if you plan to stay fit. Whether it be cardio workouts at home or training workouts at the gym, a bit of exercise helps your body to stay healthy and keeps your body toned. If dedicating time for exercise every morning becomes a bit difficult, you can manage it by distributing the hours throughout your week, especially the weekends when you can achieve maximum outcomes.
However, the advise still remains to start your day with some form of exercise every day since it releases adrenaline into your body which keeps you energized and stress-free the entire day. Also, exercising regularly will help you maintain a good physique which might also help improve your self-esteem.
- Get regular hours of sleep- 6 to 8 hours of sleep is necessary to maintain a healthy lifestyle. No matter how frantic your work load is, you should make it a point to have regular hours of sleep every day. It is important that you rest properly. This will help you stay focused and calm which will ultimately result in you taking good decisions and concentrating on your work throughout the day without feeling dreadful and tired. A well-rested body and mind is essential to a healthy lifestyle.
- Keep yourself motivated- With the busy schedule, it is pertinent that you will be least interested in taking care of your body. However, it is important that you recognize the gift of life as early in your life as possible.
You should never let your responsibilities overpower your will to stay fit. In order to keep yourself motivated all the time and not lose track of your goals, you can keep a note of all the good things associated with a fit body and mind and read it every day. This will remind you of your priorities every time you decide to skip a meal or a workout session in order to attend a meeting or do any other work.