Building credibility and trust has always been crucial for running a successful business irrespective of its size. But in today’s digital era, these aspects are not the only elements that form the core component of business activities. Rather, it is the brand image that is vital for the growth of business, especially for startups.
Technology has revolutionized the way people communicate and access information. As per a survey, about 78% of customers turn to reviews before making their buying decision. If a customer sees a negative feedback at the first glance, the probability of him/her buying your product/service would be least. Therefore, it is a must for you to build & maintain online reputation for your business.
It takes years to build online reputation but few minutes to ruin the reputation, thereby your startup business. Hence, you must take immense care while building online reputation.
As per the professionals offering online reputation management services, some online reputation techniques that guarantee you the desired results include:
- Managing online reviews - Negative reviews can damage your online reputation. Therefore, it is advisable to remove such reviews. However, owing to violations, if you cannot remove them, use white hat management technique to incorporate review improvement strategy. You can also encourage your happy customers to provide positive feedback pertaining to your service/product.
- Modifying autocomplete - You can modify Google’s AutoComplete to reflect the most searched concepts. This is done by entering relevant search phrases into the search bar several times. This would trigger a change and Google will suggest searches we want it to, thereby making it most searched phrase. To modify and improve the result, you can also use a blend of crowdsourcing and AutoComplete.
- Removing the negative content - When content that is ruining your online reputation surfaces on the first page of the search engine results page (SERP), online reputation management of popular search engines counters the content. The only approach to overwhelm the negative content is by curation positive content and launching it using the most effective strategies. Doing so will place the positive content on the top of SERP and hide the negative ones.
- Address customers’ complaints - Harness the power of Google Alerts can track what people are talking about you. If there is any negative response, encounter it then and there. Also, don’t wait for your consumers to reach you and address their concerns. Be open and ask your clients for their feedback. This enables you to address their issues before they reach the public.
- Leverage social media - Social media platforms paves the way for improved online reputation. All you have to do is place niche content and keep your audience engaged. Also, ensure to track the posts published in response to your business content. This allows you to act quickly if any posts are capable of ruining your online reputation. Need any help in using social media for your business, take help from experts providing digital marketing services.
With a few strategies you can bring your brand out there as a big player in the industry and reap the rewards. If you need any help in managing a handful of bad reviews, talk to professionals delivering top-notch ORM services.
How has the coronavirus outbreak disrupted your life? And how are you dealing with it? Write to us or send us a video with subject line 'Coronavirus Disruption' to email@example.com
- Online Reputation Management services
- Importance of Online Reputation