What is digital marketing?Tushar Goyal
What is digital marketing?
In today’s era where the number of buyers has stormed on the web to look for their required products and services online, digital marketing has gained very good attention. It is has become a very effective method for the marketing of the business.
However, digital marketing is a lot different than traditional marketing methods. It is not just the advertisements and pop-ups that you see while playing a video. Digital marketing is the use of digital tricks & tactics and different platforms to connect with customers where they are present for much time online. Digital advertising, E-mail marketing, online brochures and more are just a few examples. In a broad manner, these are the digital marketing methods that are used for enhancing the business:
1. Search Engine Optimization: After creating a nice website, the very first important thing arise that it should be able to find it easily for the users and the maximum number of users can visit it. This comes under search optimization. An SEO increases the traffic on your website by optimizing the rank of the website on search engines.
2. Content Marketing: It involves the promotion of all the content present on your website for the purpose of awareness, increasing traffic, sales, and lead generation. It includes text content, videos, and also social media platforms. The methods involved in content marketing are online brochures, Ebooks, blog posts, and lookbooks.
3. Social Media Marketing: This tactic involves the promotion of business and content on social media platforms where a maximum number of users is present. The most famous social media channels are facebook, twitter, Linkedin, Instagram, Snapchat, Pinterest, and Google+.
4. Pay per click (PPC): It involves the method of paid advertising. When you give an ad on a certain website, you need to pay when anyone clicks on it. One of the most known PPC is Google Adwords, which allows you to advertise your website on the top Google Results.
5. Email Marketing: Business companies use e-mail marketing to communicate with their customers or clients. These email focus to direct users to the website by promoting content, discount, and offers. It includes newsletter subscriptions, follows up mails, etc.
6. Marketing Automation: Marketing information is a platform that automates and ties up your digital marketing together. This is used to done repetitive tasks automatically i.e without any manual labor such as:
· Social Media Posts
· Tracking and Reporting
What is the role of a Digital Marketer?
The role of a digital marketer is to do create an awareness of the brand and also its lead generation. He uses all digital platforms for this, both free and paid. These platforms include social media, brand’s website, blog, search engine advertising, and promotional ads. A digital marketer manages multiple segments such as organic traffic on a website, overall blog traffic, Youtube Channel Subscribers, Likes & Comments on Social media, Click rate etc.