Goddess Lakshmi is the Hindu Goddess of wealth. She is worshipped by all Hindu households and is often associated with the festival of Deepawali when people offer special prayers to her to invite her into their homes. Lakshmi Puja is performed for prosperity, material abundance, and spiritual prosperity. She is worshipped to remove troubles that prevent us from starting a spiritual path or business.
But what does one do to ensure Goddess Lakshmi is pleased with them and enters their home on Deepawali? We list out 7 auspicious things to be done to please goddess lakshmi this Diwali-1.
1.Cleanliness- They don’t say cleanliness is next to Godliness for nothing. It seems Goddess Lakshmi enters those household’s which practise cleanliness. She doesn’t enter houses which are messy or unclean. Thus the first step to ensuring the Goddess’s entry is ensuring a clean home.
2. Her Special Day- Friday is worshipped as the day of Goddess Lakshmi. Thus always offer prayers to her on Fridays and she will surely get pleased.
3. Chant Lakshmi Mantra- Those who chant the Lakshmi Mantra daily 108 times go a long way in pleasing the wealth Goddess. For those who don’t know what it is, here is it- || Om Mahalakshmyaye Vidmahe
Tanno Lakshmth Prachodayath||
4. Use of Lotus Seeds and Leaves- Offer Lotus flowers to the Goddess who is often seen sitting on a large Lotus. Usage of lotus seeds Mala for rosary is also meant to attract the Goddess.
5. Pray to Tulsi- It is often said that all the Gods reside in that place where the Tulsi plant is planted. Thus always light a lamp next to the Tulsi plant and ensure that Goddess Lakshmi stays in your house forever.
6. Footprints of Maa- Draw the footprints of Lakshmi Ji with raw rice flour and welcome her into your house. It is often said that inviting Goddess Lakshmi also ensures the entry of Lord Vishnu since they are inseperable. Their collective blessings will ensure that all sins are washed off and prosperity prevails.
How has the coronavirus outbreak disrupted your life? And how are you dealing with it? Write to us or send us a video with subject line 'Coronavirus Disruption' to email@example.com