I dream everyday to achieve…
About the ‘Idea Summit’
The main idea behind this summit is to find creative young people who have breakthrough ideas and are looking for an opportunity and support to convert these ideas into effective business or social models and further into entrepreneurial realities. The ideas may pertain to the following verticals in communications:
The idea may not necessarily be at the implementation stage nor necessarily conceptualized as a business model. It should be original and should identify the values it may deliver as well as the people who are seen benefiting from the Idea.
Who should participate?
- Working professionals having new ideas and aspiring to become entrepreneurs
- Founders of innovative ventures which are still at a nascent stage, seeking to strengthen their business models and getting incubation support.
- Incubates at various incubation centres and researchers who have invented new products, processes and/or technologies in communications looking for corporate partnership and investment.
All the information shared will remain the Intellectual Property of the participant. MICA-EDC in no way will use or share the idea in any form, without the prior written consent of the participant.
The way towards the Idea Summit
Your browser may not support display of this image.
Interested candidates should mail at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive the Application Form by e-mail, and send in the description of their idea in the prescribed format therein. Participants should include the description of the idea, the unique set of values it will deliver and identify people who will benefit from it.
The ideas that are received will be short listed on the basis of their originality, innovativeness, and uniqueness. The top fifty ideas will be invited for presentation before a panel of experts from industry, venture capitalists, academicians and innovative entrepreneurs. Twenty ideas will be shortlisted for the next stage.
The twenty finalists will be assigned a mentor each to develop their ideas into business models and plans. At the end, they will be invited to make a final presentation.
- The best three ideas will be offered a cash reward each of Rupees fifty thousand, thirty thousand and twenty thousand respectively.
- The top five participants will be offered incubation at the Com-cubator1.
- Rest of the shortlisted candidates from stage 2 would be offered to appear for PGPCME Admission Process without the application fees.
- Support for corporate partnership
- Funding support through Venture Capitalists
About MICA-EDC and the Com-cubator
Set up with the support of the Dept. of Science and Technology, Govt of India, MICA’s Entrepreneurship Development Centre (EDC) strongly believes in encouraging and nurturing ideas, innovations and entrepreneurship. Committed to the idea of fostering entrepreneurship in the communications domain, MICA-EDC has set up a one of its kind Com-cubator (Communications Technology based Business Incubator) which will assist, in all possible ways, budding entrepreneurs in successfully commercializing their ideas and setting up their own ventures.
MICA-EDC has also launched the Post Graduate Programme in Communications Management and Entrepreneurship (PGPCME), which aims at grooming young, energetic candidates into innovative, entrepreneurial Communications Management professionals. Graduates with minimum 3 years of work experience in corporate, own or family business are eligible for this programme.