We invite you to join us on the second episode of The Sounding Board
‘The Sounding Board’ is an interactive platform that invites early stage/growth stage entrepreneurs to present their executive summaries and seek feedback, validate potential and discuss key challenges with a mentor.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
3:00 - 3:50pm : Entrepreneurs presentations and Feedback
- Five presenters, selected from the list of applicants (apply now), will present to a mentor using a LIVE web-conference platform.
- The selected entrepreneurs will present their executives summaries using the recommended template which covers the following points:
- Describe the problem you are solving | Target market: description, size and growth. | Describe your product/service with the differentiator. | Competitive Scenario: You v/s Competition. | Current status and future scalability. | Team description. | Challenge areas.
- Each entrepreneur gets 5 min to present followed by a 5 min feedback by the mentor.
3:50 – 4:00pm : Participant interaction with the Mentor
- The Sounding Board can accommodate up to 300 participants (including the hosts and the 5 presenters) who can interact via LIVE web chat with other participants and the mentor. The last 10 min will be dedicated to an interaction/QnA between the participants and the mentor.
ABOUT THE MENTOR: ANAND LUNIA
- Over 11 years of experience as entrepreneur, venture investor and corporate executive
- Currently ED and CFO at Seedfund, led investments in tech, internet, education and retail ventures
- Co-founder of Brainvisa, leading e-learning company of India. Created the business plan, led the team in fund raising and eventual exit of 5x for the investors
- Exec. VP Operations of Hurix Technologies- a leading publishing KPO. Responsible for 800 people strong operations, sales and marketing
- Worked at Asian Paints, ICICI Treasury, Lionbridge
- MBA from IIM and Bachelor of Engineering
- Guest Faculty, Biz-plan mentor and Jury member at IITs, IIMs, SP Jain, NITIE
- Charter member of TiE, active mentor and faculty
- Registration is complimentary. Click here to register as a participant.
- Click here to register as a presenter and download the template. Last date for applications – Tuesday,6 July 1:00pm.
- Enterprises in the idea/concept stage may not apply as presenters, but can participate and learn from the discussion.
- The five presenters will be selected from the list of applicants on a best case basis. The decision of the organizers on the selected presenters will be final.
- Candidates will be notified via email/phone and will be allowed to present for a maximum duration of 5-minute followed by a 5-minute intensive feedback and interaction with the mentor.
- We recommend that you mention your key business challenge(s), if any, clearly. This will help you gain optimum feedback from the mentor.
- This is not an investor pitch. This forum should be used only for business validation and/or to seek feedback.
- The webinar and the presentation are meant to be public. It is recommended that you carefully examine the contents of your presentation. The organizers will not provide for confidentiality of your presentation.
Want to make your startup journey smooth? YS Education brings a comprehensive Funding Course, where you also get a chance to pitch your business plan to top investors. Click here to know more.