As part of their module on entrepreneurship, students of Masters in International Business of St Joseph's College of Commerce, Bangalore interact with entrepreneurs through YourStory.in. This is part of our effort to encourage entrepreneurship among students and provide support to budding student entrepreneurs.
Last week the students interacted with entrepreneur Abhishek Chipre from ecommerce site oyegirl.com who spoke about marketing strategy, online marketing and e commerce. This week's session focussed on social media marketing.Advit Sahdev and Arjun Rao from ODigMa spoke about their entrepreneurial journey and digital marketing.
Key takeaways of the session were:
- Word of mouth marketing is the most effective marketing tool to build your brand
- Use social media to create a community of like minded people
- Create brand awareness and long term engagement for your brand
- Life time value comes after brand awareness
- Images and videos are more attractive than content
- Social media is not about numbers it is about engagement
How has the coronavirus outbreak disrupted your life? And how are you dealing with it? Write to us or send us a video with subject line 'Coronavirus Disruption' to firstname.lastname@example.org