Global IT association ISACA will share guidance on implementing a cloud strategy, with an emphasis on security and compliance issues, at its free virtual seminar on 28 April. IT professionals will learn from industry leaders and network with peers from around the world, all without leaving their desks, at the event titled Cloud Security Delivery Imperatives 2011, on Thursday, 28 April 2011, from 6 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. (CDT).
“Cloud is on the cover of magazines and at the top of business leaders’ minds,” said Emil D’Angelo, CISA, CISM, international president of ISACA. “ISACA’s virtual conference will help attendees weigh the security concerns and use cloud computing in a way that maximizes value delivery and manages risk.”
At the cloud security virtual conference, attendees will learn how to:
- Develop a cloud strategy
- Choose the delivery model for a cloud computing initiative
- Effectively monitor users and data in the cloud
- Extend authentication and access control to the cloud
- Establish user provisioning and de-provisioning processes for the cloud
During live Q&A sessions, attendees can interact directly with the session presenters, including:
- Giles Hogben, network security policy expert with the European Network & Information Security Agency (ENISA), who will discuss cloud security in the European landscape
- Vladimir Jirasek, senior enterprise security architect at Nokia, communications director at Cloud Security Alliance UK and Ireland, and IT services domain lead at Common Assurance Maturity Model, who will present Federation for the Cloud: Opportunities for a Single Identity
- Jeffrey Ritter, an independent consultant and president of JeffreyRitter.com, who will share tips on how to develop and customize a cloud strategy
- Dave Shackleford, director of risk and compliance, and acting director of security assessments at Sword and Shield Enterprise Security Inc., who will discuss critical cloud security decisions and how they map to respective delivery models
- Richard E. Mackey, Jr., vice president of SystemExperts, who will explain how to monitor users and data in the cloud
During the virtual seminar, participants can attend sessions, connect with other attendees and “visit” exhibitor booths, just as if attending in person. Additional information about Cloud Security Delivery Imperatives is available at www.isaca.org/elearning. Attendees can earn up to four free continuing professional education (CPE) hours. To learn more about ISACA’s global events, visit www.isaca.org/conferences.
With 95,000 constituents in 160 countries, ISACA® (www.isaca.org) is a leading global provider of knowledge, certifications, community, advocacy and education on information systems (IS) assurance and security, enterprise governance and management of IT, and IT-related risk and compliance. Founded in 1969, the nonprofit, independent ISACA hosts international conferences, publishes the ISACA® Journal, and develops international IS auditing and control standards, which help its constituents ensure trust in, and value from, information systems. It also advances and attests IT skills and knowledge through the globally respected Certified Information Systems Auditor™ (CISA®), Certified Information Security Manager® (CISM®), Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT® (CGEIT®) and Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control™ (CRISC™) designations.
ISACA continually updates COBIT®, which helps IT professionals and enterprise leaders fulfill their IT governance and management responsibilities, particularly in the areas of assurance, security, risk and control, and deliver value to the business.