What is iDiya?
Targeted at working professionals and early stage NGOs in India, iDiya invites self-sustainable and eventually profitable business models that can also create a social impact. The aim is to stimulate, develop and facilitate high-impact and scalable social enterprises in India.
What’s in it for the winners?
• A total prize money of Rs 3 lakh
• A one week bootcamp at ISB conducted by entrepreneurs, faculty, industry experts, social VC organizations.
• A platform to showcase their idea and a chance to present their vision to potential investors.
• Exclusive mentoring and constant support by the mentors in their business plan refinement and execution
• Working professionals in India
• Teams who have a social enterprise idea/an existing social venture/NGO (the venture should have been in existence for less than 3 years)
• Teams of 2 to 4 individuals
• Teams with none of the members currently enrolled in an educational institution pursuing a fulltime programme.
• Applications Open: August 1, 2011- September 1, 2011
• Declaration of winners: November 5, 2011
• Boot-camp at ISB: December 2-7, 2011
Past winners and partners?
Some of the past winning teams at iDiya are:
• SourcePilani – a rural BPO for medical transcription
• Masard – Production and distribution of sanitary napkins by economically marginalized women at affordable cost
• Akshaya Kalpa – Communes for organic milk products production
The potential and promise shown by the iDiya platform has helped iDiya develop strong relationships with knowledge partners who include social VCs such as Acumen fund, Elevar, Intellecap and Grey Matters Capital, corporate partners such as Novartis and Deloitte, and social organizations such as Naandi and Tata Jagriti Yatra. In the past years, iDiya received powerful support from the Wadhwani Centre for Entrepreneurship Development at ISB, SONG Advisors and Caspian Advisors.
To register and for more details, log on to isb.edu/idiya.
You can also email us at: iDiya@isb.edu