Bangalore, India, November 3, 2011: Intel Technology India Pvt. Ltd. presents Intel India Embedded Challenge 2012 - an embedded design contest for students, interested individuals & entrepreneurs from all over India. The contest has been put forward to inspire the vast technically savvy community in India to architect, design and develop novel embedded applications based on Intel® AtomTM processors in areas such as Consumer Electronics, Digital Security Surveillance, Medical, Storage & others.The Intel IEC 2012 has two main categories:
- Student Category: Students studying in technical institutions, management institutions, degree, diploma colleges across India can participate in this category. Students can participate as individuals or in a team not exceeding 3 members.
- Professional Category: Working professionals, faculty members, research associates, project associates, technology enthusiasts, independent / free lance consultants, technology solutions providers, entrepreneurs from across India can participate in this category as individuals or in a team not exceeding 3 members.
The Contest details are available at www.intel.com/education/in. Both the categories involve development of a prototype using Intel® AtomTM Processor. Short listed participants will be given a choice of Intel® AtomTM Kit for prototyping their innovation. Mentoring support will be provided to short listed participants from student category only. The finalists will showcase successful usage / service models based on use of existing technology.
* Dates Subject to Change by Intel IEC 2012 organizers
Prizes & Awards
- Intel Innovation Grand Prize: Rs.5, 00,000/- (Rupees Five Lakhs Only) (to be given as seed funding.
- Embedded Innovation of the Year: Rs.2, 00,000/- (Rupees Two Lakhs Only) Cash prize.
- Intel Employees Popular Choice Award: Rs.50, 000/- (Rupees Fifty Thousand Only) Cash prize.
- Women Innovator of the Year: Rs.50, 000/- (Rupees Fifty Thousand Only) Cash Prize for “All Women Team” to promote Research & Innovation among women students.
- Medals and Certificates from Intel for all finalists.
- Direct entry for all winners to participate in The Next Big Idea - a Technology Entrepreneurship contest jointly conducted by Intel, Department of Science and Technology and Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore.