It’s been just a month since we launched CloudStory.in. But it certainly feels more than that!
January’s focus has been on Platform as a Service. We did an in-depth analysis of Google App Engine, VMware Cloud Foundry, Red Hat OpenShift and Force.com. Continuing on the theme of PaaS, we partnered with Zinnov to deliver a Webinar to analyze the PaaS landscape. This was India’s first webinar that was neutral, unbiased and an independent analysis of the PaaS market. The feedback from the attendees has been very encouraging and we are committed to bring more such Webinars in the future.
Here is a round up of some of the popular articles from January-
- How the Platform War has Shifted to the Cloud – This article discussed how the platform war of .NET, Java and LAMP has slowly shifted to the Cloud.
- What’s in store for the Cloud in 2012? – Our predictions for 2012 where we foresee OpenStack gaining ground and VMware Cloud Foundry becoming a viable PaaS offering.
- Developers Are The New Super Heroes Of The Cloud – We love developers and tell you why they are much more powerful in the era of Cloud.
- Will the Real Private Cloud Please Stand up? – The classic debate of Virtualization & Private Cloud goes on and here is our take!
- Has Google App Engine Lost the Steam? We believe so! Here is a critical analysis of how Google has lost the momentum with Google App Engine.
- What is Cloud Telephony? – Our first guest post brings an overview of the telephony on the Cloud that talks about the key attributes.
- A Peek into Amazon DynamoDB – A closer look at Amazon’s latest managed NoSQL database offering along with a comparison with Amazon SimpleDB.
- Is VMware the new Microsoft in the PaaS World? An analysis of how VMware is attempting what Microsoft did in early 2000s with .NET.
Apart from the analysis and trends, we covered the following industry news –
- NTT Communications Acquires 74% Stake in Nexus backed Netmagic Solutions
- Amazon Web Services Announces AWS Storage Gateway to Connect Enterprise Data with the Cloud
- CumuLogic, Java PaaS Software Provider – James Gosling Backed Cloud Startup To Watch Out For
- Microsoft Brings the Cloud Down to Earth for Enterprises
- DeskStream Acquires Northern Irish Cloud Startup WorldDesk
- AWS Direct Connect Comes to Singapore
- Oracle and Cloudera Partner to Release the Big Data Appliance
- AT&T Embraces OpenStack
- Amazon adds EC2 Status Check and Reporting Features
- The Apache Software Foundation Announces Apache Hadoop™ v1.0
Thanks for your encouragement! Watch this space for news, views, analysis, trends and tutorials from the world of Cloud Computing!
Want to make your startup journey smooth? YS Education brings a comprehensive Funding Course, where you also get a chance to pitch your business plan to top investors. Click here to know more.