Started in 2008, ThinkChange India (TC-I) is India’s first online platform focused on social entrepreneurship. In the past four years, the blog has grown exponentially with close to half a million page-views, 20,000 members and 1300+ posts. TC-I had played a pivotal role in building awareness and connecting key stakeholders in the sector, which has been experiencing unprecedented growth.
In order to keep pace with the rapidly evolving social entrepreneurship sector, TC-I needs fresh ideas, new energy and innovative talent. Thus, we are looking for Managing Editor(s) who would have the day-to-day responsibility of running the online platform and would have the opportunity to shape the future of TC-I and the broader sector in India.
- Generate fresh new content – features, news, interviews, opportunities, event coverage etc.
- Manage the website back-end and social media – moderate comments, engage the community on Twitter and Facebook
- Maintain and create partnerships with foundations, umbrella organisations, universities, conferences, and other relevant institutions
- Work with a website developer to improve the site design and layout
- Look internationally to create the next ThinkChange (Insert Country Name)
- You have an insatiable passion for all things related to social entrepreneurship and development in India
- You are part of a growing network of social innovators in India. You are keen to establish a name for yourself and expand your network even further
- You can write well in English using journalistic rules, and you can look at others’ work and offer ways to improve their writing
- You can make 5-10 hours available for TC-I time every week
- Entrepreneurial, proactive and independent person
- Strong management skills
- Familiarity with WordPress or a willingness to learn and pick it up quickly
The ThinkChange India Managing Editor(s) position is not a paid role. You will not be paid with money, but you will gain an incredible amount of knowledge of the sector, useful networks, and deep satisfaction, if this is really what you love to do and want to build a career in this sector.
We can’t wait to speak to you – please send over your resume, a brief note on why you’re interested, and a writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention “Application for Managing Editor” in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you!