Winners of the CII Southern Regional Emerging Entrepreneur Awards 2012Team YS
3rd edition of CII Southern Regional Emerging Entrepreneur Awards concluded on 23rd March in Hyderabad. Gracing the occasion were Mr. Adi Godrej, President CII; Dr. Purandeswari, Minister of State for Commerce and Industry, Government of India; Mr. G V Sanjay Reddy, Chairman, CII (Southern Region) and Mr. Kris Gopalakrishnan, President(Designate), CII.
Over 400 applications were considered for the awards, and 39 were shortlisted. The shortlist was evaluated on parameters such as vision, execution excellence, ability to build & institution, personal leadership abilities, innovation in business model, impact on society & sustainability as well as scalability of their enterprises. On the basis of this, 7 winners were chosen.
The winners of CII Southern Regional Emerging Entrepreneur Awards 2012 (in alphabetic order) are:
- Anil Kumar, Managing Director – Great Sports Infra Pvt Ltd: Based in Hyderabad, it is an exclusive Licensee for FieldTurf Tarkett, Tennis Incorporated, Porplastic, SnapSports for the SAARC Region and for SubAir Systems worldwide.
- Atin Gupta, Managing Director – AtinOOH: Hyderabad based startup, it is all about new generation thinking- doing something differently and handling something which the Indian aviation sector has not seen, of advertising on and in aircrafts, airports and point of display and anything that moves at airports – conveyer belts of luggage trolleys.
- Deepak Ravindran, CEO – Innoz Technologies Pvt Ltd: He is all of 25 years of age and a college dropout running a business which gets about 4 million hits everyday and till date has had 120 million unique users. Innoz emerged out of the blockbuster idea of 'accessing the internet for any query just by sending an SMS'.
- Phanindra Sama, CEO – redBus.in: It is India's first, largest and favorite bus tickets booking site. It is one of the most loved travel websites with some of the rarest features.
- R S Prabhakar, Director – Taiyo Feed Mill Pvt Ltd: He is a first generation entrepreneur, who converted his hobby of maintaining ornamental fishes into a thriving business over last 10 years. An aquarium at home got transformed into a business of making and selling pet feeds.
- Ruchika Gupta, President – Borderless Access Panels Pvt Ltd: Unlike any other companies, which are into software, Borderless Access is into the business of online market research work through the internet and mobile phone.
- Vivek Steve Francis, COO – Mobme Wireless Solutions Ltd: MOBME is a young and vibrant Mobile Internet company with a track record of providing Value Added Services for Mobile Phone users and Carrier Grade Solutions for Telecom Operators since 2006.
YourStory.in is the 'Online Media Partners' for the CII Southern Regional Emerging Entrepreneur Awards 2012.