YourStory.in at e27's Echelon 2013 in Singapore : What to expect
YourStory.in is a media partner for Echelon 2013 which is one of the Asia’s largest tech and business event held over two days in Singapore on the 4th and 5th of June 2013, with a focus on Southeast Asia’s emerging technology industry. Echelon hosts 50 of the region’s promising startups through the startup marketplace as well as renowned global and regional speakers on Internet and Digital businesses. 10 startups from various Asian countries will be pitching for the title of Echelon 2013’s Most Promising startup.
Organized annually since 2010, Echelon is the flagship event of e27 which was founded in 2006 and is a media and events platform focused on growing Asia’s technology startup ecosystem. It reports on tech startup news, trends and personalities relevant to startup communities in Asia.
Read about the 10 startups pitching at Echelon 2013 here.
YourStory.in readers can use the promo code "e27co" for 10% off regular priced tickets.
Echelon 2013 will also have country delegations from Taiwan, Thailand and Korea which will feature key industry players, venture capitalists, as well as cutting edge startups who are looking to explore opportunities in Southeast Asia.
Some of the panels to watch out for:
‘Key strategies startups need to build and grow their companies’ moderated by Vincent Lauria – Managing Partner at Golden Gate Ventures
- Jon Yongfook Cockle – Director, Twenty Four Twelve Systems
- Lim Cheng Soon – Founder, Hacker Monthly
- Sieng Van Tran – Investor
- Sahil Lavingia – Founder & CEO, Gumroad
- Chris Palmieri – Co-Founder & Managing Director, AQ Works
Creating a Compelling Investment Case/ Early Stage Portfolio for Series A Investors moderated by Mike Holt, Managing Partner, Get2Volume and G2VAccelerator
- Dave McClure – Founding partner of 500 Startups
- Vincent Lauria – Managing Partner at Golden Gate Ventures
- Chua Kee Lock – President & CEO Vertex Venture
- Yasuhiko Yurimoto – Founder & CEO, Global Brain
- Yasuyuki Konuma – Director of Business Development, Tokyo Stock Exchange
Big Data has made Big Promises moderated by Daryl Webb, General Manager, APAC – SoftLayer Technologies
- Simon Dale – Senior Software Executive, Asia Pacific, SAP
- Bobby Jimenez – Group CTO, Sindicatum Sustainable Resources
- John Fearon – Founder & CEO, Dropmysite
- Christofer Sandberg – CTO, Eyeota
- Shashank Dixit – CEO, Deskera
YourStory.in will be writing about the startups, sessions and panels at Echelon 2013. If you are in Singapore, we would love to hear from you and catch up! Feel free to write to me at vallabh AT yourstory DOT in.