Content marketing has never been more important. With the launch and success of social networks like Facebook, Twitter etc., even the way that brands perceive content marketing has evolved.
So what is content marketing? Essentially, it involves creation and sharing of amazing content in order to build your brand, generate curiosity and acquire more customers.
Communicate your brand's image through:
- Regular and relevant posts on social media networks such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.
- Blog posts authored by anyone with relevant experience in the field.
- Authored articles and blog posts written by industry experts.
- Website content: Think of your website as a store window, display your best work and communicate in well-defined manner.
- Infographics: A visual medium to display positive facts and statistics about your company.
- Online PR: Get noticed by taking advantage of influential people on social networks. Ask them to tweet or write reviews about your product/service, etc.
Here are four fantastic strategies to make content marketing easier for your startup:
1. Prepare a social media calendar
A well-planned and structured system for social media posts definitely serves as a roadmap for any organization. Unstructured content marketing conducted on an ad hoc basis makes it harder to stay up to date with online trends. Instead, try creating a social media calendar that consists of a broad strategy for over a month. This will provide a framework allowing your organization to have a better planned weekly content marketing strategy, and, successfully executed it with higher wins.
For instance: If you are an online gifting company and “Diwali” is round the corner the following things can be a part of your social media calendar:
- Contest theme
- Informative articles on offbeat gifting options
2. Authored article
Authored articles not only build credibility, but also provide valuable backlinks that can help you to get relevant traffic for your website.
For instance, you could ask a local design boutique to write an article on the 10 Most Popular Diwali Gifts in 2013. Alternatively, your gifting website could post a article written in-house on 5 Unusual Yet Lovely Diwali Gifts.
Everyone agrees that, “A picture speaks a thousand words”. In simple words, infographics are the graphical representation of data, knowledge or information.
Creating infographics makes presentation of boring data more understandable and appealing.
For instance: Using websites such as Infogr.am make it easy to insert data and create your own infographic for free!
4. Listing testimonials
A testimonial of a satisfied customer serves as a powerful endorsement to your prospective customers. Whether you run a brick and mortar business or an online startup, testimonials should definitely be a part of your content marketing strategy.
Learn more with this webinar: “How Content Marketing on Social Media Can Effectively Increase Sales” by Gyaanexchange.com and Digital Vidya on 19th October 2013.
About the author:
Dev Dave, has been a PR practitioner for 4 years and has handled reputed brands like Zee learn, Rediff.com, Fitness First, Essilor, Samira Habitats etc. He is currently the marketing head for Gyaanexchange.com