Did you take the YS Quiz this week?
Sunday November 30, 2014,
3 min Read
We are back this weekend with the third installment of YourStory quiz. Winners for the last quiz have been announced. This quiz has been prepared in partnership with Walnut Knowledge Solutions. Take a shot at it and send us your answers in the form at the bottom. The quiz is open until Friday and we’ll announce the winners on Saturday. And yes, there is a prize for the winner who we’ll select through a lucky draw of all the correct answers.
The winner of the Nov. 22 quiz is Syed Sharique Hussain. Congratulations Syed, you will receive your prize shortly. Click here for the answers of Nov 22 quiz.
1. This fruit (pictured) is a crisp citrus fruit native to South and Southeast Asia. It is usually pale green to yellow when ripe, with sweet white (or, more rarely, pink or red) flesh. One of the common names of this fruit gives origin to which in-the-news company?
2. Ms. Yamini _________ is an entrepreneur who runs a fully automated laundry set-up by the name of Jeeves, situated on Hosur Road, Bangalore. How do we better know her famous daughter?
Answer: Ms.Kiran Muzumdar Shaw, Chairperson, Biocon.
Ms.YaminiMazumdar, her mother is an entrepreneur in her own right who runs a fully automated laundry, Jeeves, on Hosur Road. Read more about her here: http://yourstory.com/2014/11/kiran-mazumdar-shaw/
3. “Verse” is a new e-mail application for businesses that integrates social media, file sharing and analytics to learn a user's behavior and predict interactions with co-workers. It also includes a built-in personal assistant that can learn from a user's behavior and draft responses to e-mails based on similar previous interactions. Just tell us which company is behind it?
4. Identify the author of the book ‘Zero to One’.
Answer: Peter Thiel
5. This Indian company, which has a manual called ’The Hitchhiker’s Guide to Life at ____ ___ ____’, refers to its employees as ‘ions’. They build performance analysis and monitoring tools for mobile app developers, and became the first Indian acquisition of a global company. Name this Indian company.
Answer: Little Eye Labs
Read more here: http://yourstory.com/2014/01/facebook-acquisition-little-eye-labs/
6. ‘The Imitation Game’ is a movie starring Benedict Cumberbatch who depicts a famous personality. Who?
Answer: Alan Turing
7. This company popular with surfers and other sports enthusiasts is reportedly developing its own line of multi-rotor drones equipped with their primary offering, taking cue from people who strap the company’s product to unmanned aircrafts. Which company are we talking about?
8. This entrepreneur served as the personal physician of Mother Teresa while he was in Kolkata. He along with the Government of Karnataka was instrumental in designing ‘Yeshasvini’, the world's cheapest comprehensive health insurance scheme, at Rs. 10 (20 cents) per month, for the poor farmers of the state. It is used extensively in Karnataka with 4 million people covered. Name this famous Padma Bhushan awardee entrepreneur.
Answer: Devi Prasad Shetty, Chairman and Founder of Narayana Health.
Read more here: http://social.yourstory.com/2010/10/4683/http://yourstory.com/2012/10/answer-to-price-tag-on-lives-dr-devi-shetty-padma-bhushan-awardee/
Walnut Knowledge Solutions (www.walnuts.co.in) is a Bangalore-based organisation founded by two lawyers, Raghav Chakravarthy and Sachin Ravi, focused on quizzing and the use of knowledge-based tools for engagement, learning, and development. In short, they conduct quizzes across topics and platforms, pursue teaching initiatives at schools, engage brand/employees through quiz-based events and develop content (for apps, websites and other visual mediums).