India is at the center of this revolution in learning with the eLearning market with a projected to grow at 18% CAGR according to Bloomberg, which is twice the global average. India also has the one of the highest growth trajectories in self-paced eLearning at 55 per cent.
While the prospect of tapping this phenomenal growth is truly appealing, there are challenges in delivering eLearning content and online education:
- Creating a consistent and reliable user experience for all students
- Addressing the proliferation of devices, i.e., phones, tablets, phablets, etc.
- Ensuring scalability to meet the demands of rapid swings in traffic volumes / flash crowds occurring during university enrollment, testing, and assignment deadlines
- Avoiding complications in online development and delivery
To best overcome these challenges, it is essential to leverage a cloud provider that elastically provisions various types of IT services, complemented by a globally distributed CDN that puts the end user within one hop from the closest server.
Adopt a proven approach to delivering online learning
To capitalize on the popularity of online learning, you must deliver your content and applications quickly, reliably, and securely. You can do that by turning to the cloud and delivering it via a world-class, global CDN.
For a proven approach to delivering eLearning videos, you can take advantage Akamai’s video streaming solutions to realize the following benefits:
- Reliably deliver e-Learning to any device, any time, anywhere by leveraging the world’s largest computing platform of 200,000 servers
- Enjoy consistent performance and immediate scalability, without any additional infrastructure
- Support real-time collaboration events, lectures, podcasts and more using proven live and on-demand streaming services
- Take advantage of predictable billing at reasonable cost via a pay-as-you-go model
- Report on a variety of metrics at a granular level, including geo-location (based on device, user etc.), audience behavior and more
YourStory and Akamai are coming together to host a round table on “Accelerate, Stream and Protect eLearning Content using Akamai’s Intelligent Platform” in Bangalore on 5th November at The Chancery Pavilion, with a special focus on education and entrepreneurship.
Akamai has come up with a carefully crafted offering that will make it extremely simple for you to explore Akamai’s world-class capabilities
Arun Muthukumar, CEO, Linkstreet said “Our cloud-based platform enables real-time, continuous video based learning for organizations and institutions of every size and scale. Akamai’s media delivery solutions enabled us to provide high quality video to users globally, and optimize accessibility across any device”.
About Akamai Technologies
Akamai is the global leader in Content Delivery Network (CDN) services, making the Internet fast, reliable and secure for its customers. The company's advanced web performance, mobile performance, cloud security and media delivery solutions are revolutionizing how businesses optimize consumer, enterprise and entertainment experiences for any device, anywhere.
Date: 5th November, 2015
Timing: 6 p.m. onwards
6.00 – 6.30pm – Registration for all attendees
6.30– 6.40pm – A brief introduction by Akamai representative about the Brand and the event
6.40– 6.50pm – Akamai Presentation
6.50 – 7.50pm – A brief introduction by each of the 35 companies for about 1-1.5 mins each
7.50 - 8.00pm - Industry Expert speaker
8.10 - 9.00pm - Networking over Cocktails and Dinner :)
For any queries, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org
How has the coronavirus outbreak disrupted your life? And how are you dealing with it? Write to us or send us a video with subject line 'Coronavirus Disruption' to email@example.com
- online learning
- Content delivery network
- Akamai Technologies
- Arun Muthukumar