WATCH: Modi's Startup India action plan summarised in under 3 minutes!
Today, India will witness something not many would have thought possible until just a few years ago. Prime Minister Narendra Modi will address entrepreneurs at Vigyan Bhawan and launch the action plan for ‘Start Up India, Stand Up India’, marking a new chapter in the history of startups in India. The commitment and support from the government has been never more promising.
For those of you who are wondering how to watch the Live Coverage of #StartupIndia Stand-up India online, here are the various ways:
2. Watch the webcast - http://webcast.gov.in/startupindia/ [Live 9:30am onwards]
3. Watch the PMO webcast - http://pmindiawebcast.nic.in/ [Live 6pm onwards]
4. You can also watch the live coverage online on https://www.edcast.com/…/watch-the-launch-of-startup-india-…
More information about Startup India, Standup India:
In the past three days, as a build-up to the main event, DIPP Secretary and the man behind Make In India, Amitabh Kant, Minister of State for Finance Jayant Sinha, and Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Commerce and Industry Nirmala Sitharaman participated in hour-long #StartupIndia twitter chats.
The nation waits with bated breath for the Startup India policy(action plan), which Prime Minister Narendra Modi will announce on January 16th. Thousands of entrepreneurs have filled out YourStory’s survey sharing their concerns and expectations from the Government for the Indian startup ecosystem. The concerns mostly revolved around access to funding, access to resources, simpler regulations and relaxation of existing laws. Now all eyes are set on the national capital, where Government dignitaries and the stars of the startup and investment community, will come together to discuss how to take India’s startup ecosystem to the next level.
The event on 16th is a non-stop day-long global workshop on startup entrepreneurship and will include panel discussions on topics such as
- Unleashing Entrepreneurship and Innovation: What do Indian Startups Need to Grow and Prosper
- Celebrating Women: Stories of Innovative Women Entrepreneurs
- How digitization will change India’s future
- Making Indian Healthcare Leapfrog
- Financial inclusion is within reach
The detailed agenda is here.