Effective 1 July 2016, the Indian Railways will roll out several reforms in its existing rules and regulations that will benefit millions of passengers. The highlight being refund on Tatkal tickets, confirmed ticket facility for train passengers among others, reported Zee News.
All you need to know about the reforms:
- Beginning 1 July, passengers will get 50 percent refund on cancellation of tatkal tickets
- Timings for booking tatkal will are being changed. From 1 July, the tatkal window for AC coach will be open between 10 am and 11 am while for sleeper coach it will be open from 11 am to 12 pm
- Waiting list will come to an end from July 1 for Suvidha trains. Tickets shall be issued only for confirmed and RAC passengers accommodation. There shall be no provision for a waiting list
- From 1 July the number of coaches on the Rajdhani and Shatabdi will be increased
- The Rajdhani and Shatabdi trains will have paperless tickets from 1 July. Mobile tickets will be valid on these trains
- Railways will also start ticket booking in various language
- From 1 July, Premium trains will come to an end
- On cancellation of Suvidha train tickets, passengers are eligible for a 50 percent refund
- 50 percent refund of fare on cancellation charge of rupees one hundred for air-conditioned-II tier/first class, rupees ninety for air-conditioned III-tier/3 economy/air-conditioned chair car and rupees sixty for sleeper class will be granted
Want to make your startup journey smooth? YS Education brings a comprehensive Funding and Startup Course. Learn from India's top investors and entrepreneurs. Click here to know more.