Four reasons why you should apply for the AWS Mobility Awards 2017
This article is sponsored by AISPL.
For any entrepreneur, being mentored by some of the best and biggest names in the industry, or getting recognition from them is nothing short of a dream. That dream could now become a reality, thanks to the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Mobility Awards 2017. Amazon Internet Services Private Limited (AISPL), the company that helps build sophisticated applications and provides world-class database storage and content delivery, has joined hands with Sequoia India, Facebook, and Intel, to recognise the most innovative startups and enterprises that offer mobile-based solutions.
[Registrations are now open. The last date to apply is May 18, 2017.]
The awards aim to discover innovators who are proving to be real game-changers in their respective spaces with meaningful ideas that can create a significant impact. Here are four reasons to apply for the AWS Mobility Awards:
- A chance to be mentored by experts who have been there, done that
- The AWS Mobility Awards are bringing together experts for a mentoring workshop to encourage innovation and guide entrepreneurs to grow their company. Participants will hear real-life examples from the experts, which will add to their learning experience.
- An opportunity to attend the mobile developer meetups
- Selected applicants will also get to be a part of vibrant mobile developer meetups. The sessions will include discussions and interaction with some of the best known mobile developers from the global innovation economy.
- A huge break and platform to showcase your innovation to the industry
- If selected, participants will have the chance to showcase their innovations to the world. That too with the help of people who are readily willing to listen to you and teach you everything that they know. It’s not going to get any better than this.
- A platform to network with the big names and experienced minds
- Anybody who owns a business or has an innovative idea will want word about their venture to get around. What better place to network with people, than an event where relevant industry stalwarts are present? So, here is your chance to seize the day!
But it doesn’t end there. The finalists will have their applications fast-tracked for Facebook’s FbStart programme, while all the winners from the Emerging category of Industry Awards and Special Awards will get a guaranteed acceptance to the programme. The bonus here being - if you get shortlisted for the FbStart Bootstrap or the FbStart Accelerate, you become eligible for AWS credits worth $5,000 and $15,000 respectively. There’s even a chance for finalists to get a direct entry to the Sequoia Hack, 2017, along with special access to demo days and mentorship sessions with the Sequoia India team.
The finalists will also be featured in the programme docket and on social media. The winner’s trophy and programme sticker will be recognised on the company’s website, of course. Startups with physical products will get special consideration for review by the Amazon Launchpad programme and all the winners have Amazon Kindles, that are up for grabs!
The awards are divided into two categories – Industry and Special. The Industry category is further subdivided into Emerging and Established. Companies with apps for the following sectors can apply for the Industry Awards under either Established (for apps released on or before 30 June 2015) and Emerging (for apps released on or after 01 July 2015).
- Retail and e-commerce
- Financial services
- Enterprise mobility
- Food & hyperlocal
- Education, and
- Media, entertainment, and gaming
The Special Awards will focus on startups and enterprises in the following areas:
- Deep Tech in Mobility
- Not-for-profit or public services
- Mobility ISVs
- The SheLeadsTech award
- Mobile app development
- The Facebook platform award
- IoT apps
The jury will shortlist participants on various criteria, including their app’s UX, App Store (Android, Apple) ratings and reviews, Innovation, Leverage of Deep Tech (AI, voice input, serverless computing, etc.), Size, Architecture, App size, Vernacular support, and Traction (App Store downloads)
You need to meet the following requirements to apply:
- Startups or enterprises must be at least six months old as a registered company, under the Indian laws.
- Applicants must have a mobility solution (B2B or B2C)
- Companies should be leveraging at least one or more services from AWS, at the time of applying, or before the finale.
All the applications will be reviewed by a jury from AISPL, Sequoia India, Facebook, Intel and YourStory, as well as other mobility experts drawn from the industry. The selection process commences on 24 April 2017 and you’re likely to find out if you’ve been shortlisted within a week. The winners will be announced at the Grand Finale on June 1, 2017.