Follow Us











Startup Sectors

Women in tech







Art & Culture

Travel & Leisure

Curtain Raiser

Wine and Food


This is a user generated content for MyStory, a YourStory initiative to enable its community to contribute and have their voices heard. The views and writings here reflect that of the author and not of YourStory.

Professional document translation service

Tuesday June 20, 2017,

3 min Read

There are many reasons why you might need professional document translation services. One of the most common reasons for finding a professional document translator is when you need personal documents translated from their original language to English here in the U.S. This is only common sense considering just how many languages are spoken by would be migrants, employees, students and others who plan to come to the U.S. to live, work and study. You can hardly expect a university admissions board or a personnel department in a company you are applying for a job with to try and decipher documents in anything other than English.

for more information please visit Professional Translation Services.

The sorts of documents that are routinely requested in English depend on the reason you are moving to the U.S. and for how long you intend to stay.

Educational document translation

Colleges and universities will need to know how old you are, what your educational record is, how competent you are already in English and whether you are capable of coping with the course you have applied for. They will want to see translated copies of all your educational qualifications and your birth certificate. You may be asked to send additional documents if competition for places is high. You may be asked to show how competent you are in English.

Employment document translation

Employers will also want to see any qualifications which you have which are relevant to the job, as well as a full employment record. This may involve sending transcripts from previous employers explaining what role you played, how you performed and your wages or salary. You may also be asked to send references or testimonials from precious employers or people who can vouch for your character.

All of these documents should be entrusted with professional document translation services. Even if your English is very good, don’t be tempted to translate the documents yourself or pass them over to a friend. A professional translator will have dealt with many official documents like yours before and will understand exactly what educational bodies and employers are looking for.

Immigration document translation

Finally, there is the Department of Labor and the United States Citizenship and Immigration Service (U.S.C.I.S.). These are the U.S. federal government agencies that oversee applications for employment visas and other visa categories such as student visas and residence visas. The U.S.C.I.S. also approves applications for permanent residence (green card) and U.S. citizenship.

These bodies have stricter requirements for document translation and won’t hesitate to return any translated documents that don’t meet their standards. Visa applicants will find that they need to use a certified translator to translate the documents they have requested from you. The certification process is not complicated but must be done in the way these departments want. That’s why it is always best to use professional document translation services that employ certified translators like Cinch Translations. We are proud of our faultless record on behalf of our many clients. Not one single translated document which has been translated for the U.S.C.I.S. has ever been returned.