Woman Thy Name is Forte
I started my working life eight years ago as a software professional and since four years I changed my learning curve as an educator , researcher. I faced quite a lot of coldness, austerity, support. I have now jolted this dedicated to all the working women of this beautiful planet.Listed are the ten point someone for women!
Friday November 25, 2016,
8 min Read
Listed are the ten point someone for women!
1) Never bring your work home - This is the golden rule for balancing life. I do understand the intensity of deadlines, submissions, presentations, preparations. It will only cause ripple effect back home. It is necessary to have a peaceful home environment, spending time with family. Bringing work home is also an indication of the stressful office environment, it is proportional to spilling that stress at home. Of course, there are the unprecedented events, unexpected tasks, sudden timelines, meetings but what is life without challenges. Enhance your skills, focus on your strengths and weakness in office and plan the work as per the schedule. An important aspect of work-life balance is the amount of time a person spends at work. Evidence suggests that long work hours may impair personal health, jeopardize safety and increase stress. Work-life balance is a daily effort to make time for family, friends, community participation, spirituality, personal growth, self-care, and other personal activities, in addition to the demands of the workplace. Log off from your Office physically and emotionally when the clock strikes 5:30!
2) Smile!!! - This is the best beauty cream that anyone can use and it is priceless. As the saying goes the best ornament that anyone can wear is a smile. For those who worry about wrinkle, smile acts as a miracle. A Smile will surely bring peace on your face and to others also. Let the people know us for our beautiful smile. Research has shown that there a number of health benefits contributed to smiling and laughing. In addition to improved health, these simple facial expressions, and common human behaviors can have a distinctive positive affect on other factors all areas of your life. When you smile and laugh, a number of physiological changes occur in your body, mostly without you being consciously aware of it happening. When we feel great, a smile comes naturally. It's an outward sign of joy, happiness, appreciation, amusement, excitement, or contentment. There is a small exercise now for all of you, today exchange a smile with a child and see how your day goes!!!
3) Say No to size Zero - Women are always stressed to look good and glamorous. With the market penetration of a few products that claim to make you fair, to keep you young, to keep you slim. Also, the increasing number of dance studios, yoga studios (that too Power Yoga), aerobics studios are attracting many women. Is it really required to go for a fruit diet, 600 cal a day diet, water diet and starve? Of course, it is important to have a well-balanced diet but not at the cost of starving. The working women need more energy and nutrition as they have the extra load to commute to work. So ladies let the curves be back, assess your body mass index and eat well. No matter what your scale says, being comfortable in your own skin is up to you. It can be tough, in a society that prizes unrealistic images. But it's possible, and it starts with what you say when you look in the mirror.
4) Have a regular health checkup - As we are also the caretakers of the family this is very important to go for a regular health checkup. This will also update us regarding the physical status. Never ignore any hint of these reports, and if health goes wrong both work and house gets affected. Always listen to your body. Regular health exams and tests can help find problems before they start. Health screening is important to everyone. It involves the use of tests, physical examinations or other procedures to detect the disease early in people who look or feel well. This is different from diagnostic tests which are done when someone is already showing signs and/or symptoms of a disease. They also can help find problems early, when your chances for treatment and cure are better. By getting the right health services, screenings, and treatments, you are taking steps that help your chances for living a longer, healthier life. Your age, health and family history, lifestyle choices (i.e. what you eat, how active you are, whether you smoke), and other important factors impact what and how often you need health care.
5) Be a sleeping beauty - Make sure you get good sleep of 5-8 hours. Sleep helps your brain work properly. While you're sleeping, your brain is preparing for the next day. It's forming new pathways to help you learn and remember information. Studies show that a good night's sleep improves learning. Whether you're learning math, how to play the piano, how to perfect your golf swing, or how to drive a car, sleep helps enhance your learning and problem-solving skills. Sleep also helps you pay attention, make decisions, and be creative.
6) Vitamin -M - As you are working make sure you know where your money well. Invest properly, make a good market study before investing in any firm or market. Also, have a safe eye on your internet banking as well, there are a lot of websites that hack the account. Be at your best when you are investing on any real estate also. A proper investment plan should drastically improve your odds of long-term success. Be honest with yourself!
7) Develop a hobby – Hobbies provide a slice of work-free and responsibility-free time in your schedule. This can be especially welcome for people who feel overwhelmed by all that they have to do, and need to recharge their batteries by doing something they enjoy. For those who feel overwhelmed by responsibility, it may be difficult to find the time or give themselves permission to take a break from a busy schedule and just sit and relax. Engaging in hobbies, however, can provide a break with a purpose, which can help people feel that they're not just ‘sitting around', but are using their down time for something productive. Either way, hobbies provide a nice break in a busy week. If you've been wanting to get around to enjoying a favorite hobby but haven't found the time, perhaps hobbies are more important than you thought, and making time is possible than you think. Are you ready?
8) Update yourself with current affairs – Globalization is a reality! There is no choice but to be part of the world rather than stand alone. It's more important now to "connect the dots in what's becoming a very small world." Gaining knowledge in world affairs and current events allows you to decide where you fall on key issues impacting your city, region, and country. It also provides you the ability to influence legislators in a meaningful and thoughtful way. Enjoy healthy debates or discussions with friends, colleagues and community groups to increase their knowledge (and yours) about issues like poverty, hunger, war and conflict, foreign policy and the world economy. Growing awareness is often built on these types of conversations! Competition from professionals in the global marketplace is growing. It's increasingly vital to set yourself apart from your peers by displaying a broad understanding of international affairs and current events. "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever does" – Margaret Mead
9) Have a good friend circle - Friendships can have a major impact on your health and well-being, but it's not always easy to build or maintain friendships. Understand the importance of friendships in your life and what you can do to develop and nurture friendships. Quality counts more than quantity. While it's good to cultivate a diverse network of friends and acquaintances, you also want to nurture a few truly close friends who will be there for you through thick and thin. Good friends are good for your health. Friends can help you celebrate good times and provide support during bad times.
10) Relax please - Relaxation isn't only about resting your body—resting your mind is just as important. If you struggle with constantly worrying or stressing about certain concerns, write it down, put the list aside for a few days and then revisit it. Sometimes when we give our mind a break from certain thoughts, we return with greater clarity. Our mind and body need time and peace. It is always good to pause, watch a movie, have a cup of coffee in your balcony, do gardening, go for a walk, read a book, dance a lot, laugh out loud, and cry at times. After all in the end, we will remain a rat if we are in this rat race. So have a peaceful, stress-free life.