Tips on Cleaning and Maintaining a Non Stick Tawa
Tawa is a basic thing in every kitchen. Its flexible usage makes it an amazing tool for various cooking styles. It has a flat metal plate for frying purpose basically made of steel, albeit you may also find aluminium topped tawas. Non-stick tawa has commonly a smooth surface. Well, you always need a good quality tawa if you are cooking at your home or in a busy restaurant. Presently, different types of tawas are available in the market. So, if you want a heavy-duty non-stick tawa, you need to consider a few things before choosing it:
How to clean and maintain a non-stick tawa:
The coating on non-stick tawa helps you cook with less or no oil and also prevents food from sticking to the tawa. So, for making your tawa long-lasting, you need to clean it thoroughly and carefully. The right techniques of cleaning are as follows:
1. Don’t pile pans or pots on your non-stick tawa’s top.
2. Only use plastic, wooden, silicone or non-stick utensils.
3. Follow the manufacturer’s guide to cooking heat for maintaining your tawa and prolonging its lifespan.
4. Don’t clean a non-stick tawa in your dishwasher, because doing it may cause a detergent stack. Hand wash will be best.
5. Don’t use steel wool pads or abrasive cleansers for cleaning a non-stick tawa, as these may damage or scratch the surface. So, ensure using non-stick scrub sponge only.
6. Always use lukewarm water to clean your tawa.
How to clean burnt food on Tawa:
1. For removing burnt food from your tawa, just add a drop of dish soap and sufficient lukewarm water for covering the bottom of tawa and then leave it for half an hour. Now, this will be much simpler for cleaning. Make you tawa dry and then apply a small amount of ghee or oil on its surface with the help of kitchen towel, tissue or cotton.
2. For cleaning burned food from Non Stick Tawa, wet the burn, moist with salt and then leave for 10 minutes. Use scotch bright for scrubbing lightly or you can cover the burnt space with soda bicarbonate paste and then leave it for 15 to 20 minutes and then scrub.
3. For removing sticky, rusty or hard stains from your non-stick tawas, blend two tablespoons baking powder, a cup of water and one and a half of cups chlorine bleach. Put this batter in the stained tawa and let it boil for nearly 10 minutes. Finally, wash it with lukewarm water and soap. After that, dry it and then rub it with a small amount of vegetable oil on its surface.
These are all useful tips on cleaning and maintaining your non-stick griddle or tawa. If you invest in a good quality non-stick tawa, you can actually maximize the lifespan of this kitchen appliance greatly with careful utilisation, careful storage, and meticulous cleaning.
So, always ensure maintaining this Kitchen Appliances for longer use. Stay tuned with us for more useful tips on kitchen appliances.
Buy Mixer Grinders, Wet Grinders, Gas Cooktop, Non-Stick Cookware, Roti Maker, Pressure Cooker Online with Rallison Appliances